Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the Hell did Floyd retire again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The alphabet groups can strip a fighter of his tittle if he does not fight who they say he should fight. This does not really apply to Floyd because he is so important that they are thrilled to have him as their champion and don't take the tittle from him. He has not defended his WBC welterweight since he won it from Ortiz 15 months ago and he was not even warned. He will defend that tittle in May 20 months after winning it.He could have a fight at 154 in May instead of Guerrero and the WBC probably would still not take his welterweight tittle away.

Comment

Williams vs Floyd

How would it have gone?

Comment

So I'm pretty sure UnicornGirl and GUEVARA were the same guy no matter what that guy pretends to be (Mexican, Klitschko fan) he always goes back to talking about his favorite fighter Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by UnicornGirl View Post
          I rarely follow the light weights, so I'm not 100% sure what the hell happened there. .Why did Floyd retire again?

Some common answers I got from posters on various sites

1- His hand injury
          2-He was rich and ran out of money
          3- The WW Division was heating up and he wanted to either let them
          move up to 160 (Williams) or kill each other off.
          4- He needed a break..
          He took a page from TR/SRL book and let the other guys fight then he fought the winner in a massive ppv event.

Comment

There were a lot of big boys closing down on him. Williams and marg and a fierce miguel cotto.

That and he probably wanted a little time off, but ended up taking a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              turned down a career high payday to fight margarito and demanded insane options such as quadruple his career high payday in order to fight margarito

said everything was agreed upon all pac had to do was take the test but when pac agreed changed his other demands and said pac gets 0 percent of the ppv

said cotto lives too far away, wasn't the CEO of his own company, and is not a ppv draw(unlike baldomir) then retired for 2 years

floyd quotes "health comes first"

"we aint fighting to prove who's best"

and this guy's not a ducker?
              come on dude - Floyd only turned down Margo ($8 mill) to fight Oscar ($20 mill) and as for Cotto he wanted no part of it once he saw his sparring partner (Brusseles) get schooled by Floyd.... Cotto has even admitted that he didnt even try to make that fight.... plus Cotto is the man for "my health comes first" type lyrics

P. Willy was certainly a duck but the rest of the WW division is guilty of that same duck too

I think his hands were injured and he wanted to see if a new WW star would emerge.... not great for the fans but smart business I suppose.... I just wish he would fight more often

Comment

He waited to fight Pac because he wanted Marquez to knock Pac unconscious which is what happened.

Floyd wanted Marquez to gain revenge alt.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  So I'm pretty sure UnicornGirl and GUEVARA were the same guy no matter what that guy pretends to be (Mexican, Klitschko fan) he always goes back to talking about his favorite fighter Floyd
                  Nailed it. The mods need to put a lid on this dude.

Comment

Originally posted by fightfan2007 View Post
                    come on dude - Floyd only turned down Margo ($8 mill) to fight Oscar ($20 mill) and as for Cotto he wanted no part of it once he saw his sparring partner (Brusseles) get schooled by Floyd.... Cotto has even admitted that he didnt even try to make that fight.... plus Cotto is the man for "my health comes first" type lyrics
                    P. Willy was certainly a duck but the rest of the WW division is guilty of that same duck too

I think his hands were injured and he wanted to see if a new WW star would emerge.... not great for the fans but smart business I suppose.... I just wish he would fight more often
                    Floyd turned down Margarito to fight Bladomir for $8mil
                    Is that a a fact or something you made up. Show proff of Cotto saying he wants no part of Mayweather.

Comment

So do people actually thing marg would have beaten mayweather?

Comment

Working...
                      X