Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dana White: "My opinion of boxing, is that boxing will eventually go away."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I don't agree about Boxing going away but I do agree with the rest of what he said. Alot of you guys are sounding like pure haters. If the guy is actually talking truthful about the sport show a little respect. I ****in hate Dana White but he's just being honest. UFC being all over mainstream TV helps it alot. Having a channel like ****e TV totally dedicate themselves to the UFC is great for them. Now all the other channels come to them begging them to put the UFC on there network. I'm really not a fan of the UFC as I see it as all marketing. Mostly limited guys that try to learn every style in the book without actually becoming good at either one. I must admit I will watch Toney fight Couture and I'll be rooting for Couture all the way. But I will agree they are doing a good job for they're fans and for getting the sport out there.

Comment

It's ironic that he's complaining about the difficulty in getting a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight made when he has the two P4P kings in his own promotion, Anderson Silva and Georges St. Pierre, and he can't put together a fight between them.

Fact is, Silva and GSP is just as frustrating to watch as Floyd Mayweather. Silva is a brilliant fighter but he should have moved up to fight at light-heavyweight to fight guys like Machida, Evans or Rua, but he's content with beating up guys who aren't in his league in the middleweight division.

Plus he failed to put together the biggest fight in MMA history, Fedor/Lesnar, because of his refusal to co-promote.

Comment

Originally posted by xAUGUSTUSx View Post
        As I don't agree about Boxing going away but I do agree with the rest of what he said. Alot of you guys are sounding like pure haters. If the guy is actually talking truthful about the sport show a little respect. I ****in hate Dana White but he's just being honest. UFC being all over mainstream TV helps it alot. Having a channel like ****e TV totally dedicate themselves to the UFC is great for them. Now all the other channels come to them begging them to put the UFC on there network. I'm really not a fan of the UFC as I see it as all marketing. Mostly limited guys that try to learn every style in the book without actually becoming good at either one. I must admit I will watch Toney fight Couture and I'll be rooting for Couture all the way. But I will agree they are doing a good job for they're fans and for getting the sport out there.
        Dana is never honest, and everything he says can be safely assumed a lie. He is not just giving an opinion, he is pushing an agenda, pure and simple. As I said, if the underlying logic is based on lies, the whole dialogue is discredited. The "everyone knows I'm a fan" bull**** is intended merely to cover this reality up, and to make it seem as though what he says is merely an opinion. Well, guess what, it's not.

Comment

This is just the same nonsense that we have heard since 2005 when the UFC became popular, in that same time I would argue that boxing is doing better then in 2005, it certainly hasn't lost fans.

In every mainstream interview Dana says the same thing about boxing, he also tries to destroy every other MMA promoter (something most of his moronic fans cheer him for). Last year he made a fake press conference to discredit JMM before his fight with Floyd, a PPV which destroyed the UFC head to head.

Comment

Originally posted by omarinbox View Post
            Dana White will die b4 boxing but he will get fat over fratboys watching his shows.
            Exactly he's talking out his arse but he's right about a few things, the heavyweight division is in ruins and only the welterweight division is on pay-per-view. In the last 12 months the biggest boxing pay/per/view included both Mayweather and Pacquiao.

For the sport maybe it's good they don't fight b/c they attract the masses fightning whoever they choose but after they fight eachother who will be the power house that continues to shut up Dana Whitle

Comment

Originally posted by RockStar45 View Post
              It's ironic that he's complaining about the difficulty in getting a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight made when he has the two P4P kings in his own promotion, Anderson Silva and Georges St. Pierre, and he can't put together a fight between them.

Fact is, Silva and GSP is just as frustrating to watch as Floyd Mayweather. Silva is a brilliant fighter but he should have moved up to fight at light-heavyweight to fight guys like Machida, Evans or Rua, but he's content with beating up guys who aren't in his league in the middleweight division.

Plus he failed to put together the biggest fight in MMA history, Fedor/Lesnar, because of his refusal to co-promote.
              truth.com

Hypocrite

Comment

Working...
              X