No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nacho: Gonzalez vs. Mares Rematch is Worth A lot More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nacho: Gonzalez vs. Mares Rematch is Worth A lot More

Prestigious manager and trainer Nacho Beristain says the rematch between his fighter, WBC featherweight champion Jhonny Gonzalez (55-8, 47KOs), and tough Mexican countryman Abner Mares (26-1-1, 14KOs), is worth a lot more money than their first meeting. Golden Boy Promotions is looking to stage the rematch on December 14th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The card will be headlined with a welterweight showdown between WBA champion Adrien Broner and Argentine puncher Marcos Maidana.

[Click Here To Read More]

if they really want the broner/maidana fight to sell well they better add this fight to the undercard,and I still think gonzalez ko's abner again,mares is just too small to be facing featherweights

Comment

And why not talk it up? Gonzalez deserves a monster pay day to cap off a fantastic career and GBP desperately need to get their golden boy back on track. Risky fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
        if they really want the broner/maidana fight to sell well they better add this fight to the undercard,and I still think gonzalez ko's abner again,mares is just too small to be facing featherweights
        I think with a little work and maybe a stay busy fight on both sides, Mares-Gonzalez could have been another main event attraction, but you're right, they really want to pump Broner-Maidana.

Comment

Mainda/Broner is seriously a PPV? Are you ****ing kidding me? There goes boxing if they put on all these PPV's, AGAIN. How short a memory these people have... just 5 or 6 years ago they wanted us to pay for Vargas/Mosley and now this ****? I'm not buying Rios/Manny or JMM/Bradley because the undercards are crap. I won't buy a Rios/Maidana PPV with any undercard because neither guy is worth paying more to watch on top of a subscription, GTFO.

Comment

Props to Mares for getting right back into the frying pan. Guy has he heart of a lion........

Comment

Mares ate Darchynian's mombs for 12 rounds and Gonzalez( a hard puncher but not as hard a puncher as Darchynian) KO's him with the 1st hard punch that lands. Same can be said about Bradley eating Pacroid's punches and then getting repeatedly buzzed by Provodnikov. Mares and Bradley are probably done.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
                Mares ate Darchynian's mombs for 12 rounds and Gonzalez( a hard puncher but not as hard a puncher as Darchynian) KO's him with the 1st hard punch that lands. Same can be said about Bradley eating Pacroid's punches and then getting repeatedly buzzed by Provodnikov. Mares and Bradley are probably done.
                darchynian's and pac were those two guys biggest fights of there lives so they came prepared i think both mares and prov deserve a rematch especially prov

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
                  mares did not beat darchinyan convincingly...his KD was'nt even legit , darch on him was ...darch demanded a rematch but team mares turned it down ...now not saying mares was scared tho coz that would be ridiculous

bradley went toe to toe vs provod , he boxed vs pac , thats the diffrence...

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
                    Props to Mares for getting right back into the frying pan. Guy has he heart of a lion........
                    Poor Mares is forced into this rematch immediately coming from a first round KO... Mares just wanted to go on vacation with family... If Mares loses again he will not recover soon...

Comment

Working...
                    X