Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michael Buffer Named As Ring Announcer For Burns-Mitchell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Michael Buffer Named As Ring Announcer For Burns-Mitchell

By Jake Donovan - Promoter Frank Warren continues to go all in for the September 22 event at the Scottish Exhibition Centre in Glasgow.

The show’s headliner pits lightweight titlist Ricky Burns against Kevin Mitchell in what many view as a can’t miss entry in the Fight of the Year sweepstakes. The two warriors will now have the honor of hearing their names belted out by legendary ring announcer Michael Buffer.

"When offered the chance to come to Glasgow for this fight I jumped on it,” said Buffer, who is in Russia this weekend for Vitali Klitschko’s heavyweight title defense versus Manuel Charr. "When two of the best in a division agree to fight each other, I want to be there.” [Click Here To Read More]

Man, as of late Buffer been spending more time overseas. He must be getting some mean $$$.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

these two deserve it. most of the scotts and UK lads i know are big into this fight.

buffer's a busy man.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        Man, as of late Buffer been spending more time overseas. He must be getting some mean $$$.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
        oh for sure. the man makes bank.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          oh for sure. the man makes bank.
          Shoot If I could get paid to attend and announce at major fights I would do it all day everyday lol

Comment

Should feel the cold in Scotland lol .Never knew he'd come this far for a fight .He is a legend though man .

Comment

Buffer is a boss.

Comment

Can't wait for this fight, the place will be buzzing.

With top quality fights like this it's only right to hear 'let's get ready to ruuuummmmmmbbbbbbllllllleeeeeee' before the action starts.

Comment

The undercard is atrocious.

Simpson against Dai Davies a fighter who's 9-18, stopped in half of his losses. Scott Harrison is the only other notable fighter, no opponent named and don't expect it to be a good one.

None of the other fighters have opponents named either so expect plenty of fights featuring mismatches as well as lacking in entertainment. Bradley Saunders & Stephen Simmons are the only other fighters on the card worth watching out for, really disappointed with Warren.

Where the fuck is Craig McEwan?

Just recently he complained about getting nothing over here and his promoter is hosting a card in Scotland?!

Alex Arthur is past his best but would probably still attract fans, I know he promotes himself now but an agreement could've been made. Is Kenny Anderson injured? Who's Limond with?

Limond might seem like a strange choice but he's Scottish and would provide an excellent opportunity for someone like Liam Walsh. Who's been inactive, with 10 months apart his last 2 fights and would benefit from a fight like this.

Comment

Originally posted by alza1988 View Post
                    Should feel the cold in Scotland lol .Never knew he'd come this far for a fight .He is a legend though man .
                    U going alza?
                    Now im REALLY gutted im not going! Was supposed to go too, missus had to go and get preggers though! (Its to me!lol)
                    She is in labour right now actually....And yes im on boxing scene

Comment

Working...
                    X