No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Holt, McGirt Expect Performances To Soar at New Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Holt, McGirt Expect Performances To Soar at New Weight

The final few days leading up to weigh-ins for fights contested at the junior welterweight limit of 140 pounds have almost always been brutal for Kendall Holt.

[Click Here To Read More]

Pulling for Holt, he's nice no matter what anyone says. Hope the new weight does him justice.

Comment

I like Holt but historically, most boxers lose more moving up, always the excuse of hydrating & losing strenght in cutting wt but moving up makes boxers lazier, ask Duran, once above 154.........2 many examples to name, but @ this wt & opponent Holt'll get by...

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
        I like Holt but historically, most boxers lose more moving up, always the excuse of hydrating & losing strenght in cutting wt but moving up makes boxers lazier, ask Duran, once above 154.........2 many examples to name, but @ this wt & opponent Holt'll get by...
        It can be true, LOOK AT COTTO, Cotto hasn't been rocked at welterweight (PACQUIAO WAS 144 AND HE WAS DRAINED). When your weight drained you get dazzed much easier then when your not.

Comment

Originally posted by RoidRage View Post
          It can be true, LOOK AT COTTO, Cotto hasn't been rocked at welterweight (PACQUIAO WAS 144 AND HE WAS DRAINED). When your weight drained you get dazzed much easier then when your not.
          This is true. The less weight drained you are the more water there is in your head; this basically cushions the impact of blows.

Comment

"c'mon baby, just like the way we did in training camp"

Comment

Originally posted by Rosseboi View Post
              This is true. The less weight drained you are the more water there is in your head; this basically cushions the impact of blows.
              Reading your post about "the more water" etc.....made me laugh. When I was growing up it became popular when criticizing somebody to say hed had "water on the brain". It was an actual disease called Hydrocephalus, which caused idiocy and serious brain damage from the fluid pressure.

The ideal way is to have just enough.......

Comment

Working...
              X