Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cunningham: They Stopped The Fight To Take My Title!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cunningham: They Stopped The Fight To Take My Title!

Jahnsportforum, Neubrandenburg, Germany - There is controversy in Germany, after Yoan Pablo Hernandez (25-1, 13KOs) won a six round technical decision to capture the IBF cruiserweight title from Steve Cunningham (24-3, 12KOs). After getting dropped and hurt bad in the first round, Cunningham survived until the bell and managed to box his way back into the fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

i didnt watch this fight but i heard he got like a 15 second count

Comment

damn i thought cunningham would roll on this guy. . . damn LOTS of controversial **** going down this saturday! gavin rees early stoppage on cuts. . . this fight early stoppage on cuts. . . campillo ROBBED AGAIN! smh. . . Hope it's not a bad omen for the fights tonight.

Comment

I agree with Cunningham, the fight could have been stopped in the 4th when the cut was actually bleeding but they let the fight go on. When Uli Wegner saw that the fight was shifting towards USS Cunningham they stopped it even know the cuts were no longer bleeding. I knew they were gonna eventually rob him out there, he wasn't gonna get away with giving all those guys in Germany beatings like he did to Huck. They got to complain and get an inmediate rematch by the IBF but outside of Germany...

Comment

The night was full of controversy. But the Cunningham fight was the worst part, a long count and a robbery in the same fight

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
            i didnt watch this fight but i heard he got like a 15 second count
            Yes, the idiot referee gave him a long count in round one.

It should have been a KO 1 win for Hernandez.

Comment

Hernandez was fading from the body shots and Cunningham was taking over, so they pulled the plug before he gave away too many more rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by chifuli View Post
                I agree with Cunningham, the fight could have been stopped in the 4th when the cut was actually bleeding but they let the fight go on. When Uli Wegner saw that the fight was shifting towards USS Cunningham they stopped it even know the cuts were no longer bleeding. I knew they were gonna eventually rob him out there, he wasn't gonna get away with giving all those guys in Germany beatings like he did to Huck. They got to complain and get an inmediate rematch by the IBF but outside of Germany...
                Was there a "long count", in your opinion?

Comment

fight was going pretty even and that cut wasnt the reason the germans stopped it, the cut was ok but they knew cunningham gets stronger every round

Comment

There was no long count but Cunningham was definitely rocked to his boots. Hernandez was tiring at the end.

Comment

Working...
                    X