No announcement yet.

Carlsberg staff strike after only allowed to drink at lunch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] Carlsberg staff strike after only allowed to drink at lunch

Carlsberg brewery workers strike in Denmark after bosses tell staff they can only drink at lunchtime

By Mail Foreign Service
    Last updated at 7:32 PM on 8th April 2010

For lunchtime only: Carlsberg brewery workers have gone on strike

Hundreds of Carlsberg workers have gone on strike for a second day after a 'beer ban' was imposed by bosses.
    Up to 800 employees walked out of the firm's Copenhagen factory in protest over its decision to allow drinking only at lunchtime.
    Jens Bekke, a spokesman for Carlsberg, the world's fourth-biggest brewer, said: 'There has been free beer, water and soft drinks everywhere. Yesterday, beers were removed from all refrigerators.
    'The only place that you can get a beer in future is in the canteen, at lunch.'
    He said drivers and warehouse workers were particularly upset because they have lost the right to drink three beers a day outside lunch hours.
    'Because of that, other staff are striking in sympathy,' he added.
    As many as 800 are believed to have walked out on Wednesday, with 250 absent from work yesterday.

The Confederation of Danish Industry and trade union 3F had agreed to look into the dispute.

Shipments of Carlsberg from Copenhagen have been suspended, with delays expected across the rest of Denmark.

However, Mr Bekke said that the financial effect of the walkout is expected to be minor.
    He added that the company's trucks have been fitted with alcohol locks so that drivers would not be able to drink too much and drive.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...n-Denmark.html

Damn drunks. I heard that Carlsberg isn't all that great though.

By the way Breakbread, why don't you ever post in my Limey Lounge Beer Thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      Damn drunks. I heard that Carlsberg isn't all that great though.

By the way Breakbread, why don't you ever post in my Limey Lounge Beer Thread?

I don't go in the Limey Lounge enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ßreakbeat View Post
        I don't go in the Limey Lounge enough.
        Shame on you, Englishman.

Comment

That's hilarious.

I like Carlsberg, but then again I like a lot of beers.

Comment

I just saw this on the news ticker. Pretty funny that they're striking over being able to drink on the job.

Comment

Originally posted by ßreakbeat View Post
              Carlsberg brewery workers strike in Denmark after bosses tell staff they can only drink at lunchtime

By Mail Foreign Service
              Last updated at 7:32 PM on 8th April 2010

For lunchtime only: Carlsberg brewery workers have gone on strike

Hundreds of Carlsberg workers have gone on strike for a second day after a 'beer ban' was imposed by bosses.
              Up to 800 employees walked out of the firm's Copenhagen factory in protest over its decision to allow drinking only at lunchtime.
              Jens Bekke, a spokesman for Carlsberg, the world's fourth-biggest brewer, said: 'There has been free beer, water and soft drinks everywhere. Yesterday, beers were removed from all refrigerators.
              'The only place that you can get a beer in future is in the canteen, at lunch.'
              He said drivers and warehouse workers were particularly upset because they have lost the right to drink three beers a day outside lunch hours.
              'Because of that, other staff are striking in sympathy,' he added.
              As many as 800 are believed to have walked out on Wednesday, with 250 absent from work yesterday.

The Confederation of Danish Industry and trade union 3F had agreed to look into the dispute.

Shipments of Carlsberg from Copenhagen have been suspended, with delays expected across the rest of Denmark.

However, Mr Bekke said that the financial effect of the walkout is expected to be minor.
              He added that the company's trucks have been fitted with alcohol locks so that drivers would not be able to drink too much and drive.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...n-Denmark.html
              Damn, I'm in the WRONG line of work alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
                Damn, I'm in the WRONG line of work alright.

LOL......You Danish people!

Comment

Working...
                X