No announcement yet.

A Question to Tyson Fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question to Tyson Fans

I agree with Mike Tyson fans that Tyson is a legend. He revitalized the heavyweight division in the late eighties, he was the most feared fighter ever, and he was possibly the greatest physical specimen ever in boxing.

When he came onto the scene in the late eighties, with the way he tore through opponents he was said to be unbeatable. It has been proven time and time again that he was always very beatable when a good boxer could take him past the first five rounds. This was hinted at when mediocre heavyweight James Tillis won four of ten rounds against him on two judges scorecards. Going into the Tyson fight Tillis had eight losses on his record and was on a three fight losing streak. Of course people brushed this off and continued to say he was unbeatable.

Eventually him being beatable was confirmed when Buster Douglas whipped him. Because this happened right after he fired Kevin Rooney, to argue that he was unbeatable, Tyson fans have to claim he lost solely because of the firing of Kevin Rooney. This leads to an elaborate theory that Cus D'Amato was a boxing genius, and when Cus died it was OK since Rooney was his protege, but when Rooney was fired within a few months Tyson forgot everything he was taught, explaining his downfall.

There are a lot of Tyson fans who will cling to this Rooney theory like glue. In my opinion it is completely illogical and senseless. Especially since it was evidenced in the Tillis fight that he could be very vulnerable when taken the distance. Also, Rooney has never been able to train a championship calibre fighter before or after Tyson.

Here is my challenge to these Tyson fans : explain why Tyson never rehired Rooney.

I know that you all claim he fired Rooney because Don King brainwashed him. He has never rehired Rooney or even kept in touch with him long after his ties with King were severed. It is clear that Tyson does not think that his firing Rooney led to his downfall. Perhaps Tyson fans know more about Tyson from watching him on TV then Tyson knows about himself. So lets hear some explanations: why has Rooney never been rehired by Tyson.

[[[Here is my challenge to these Tyson fans : explain why Tyson never rehired Rooney.]]]
    ==============

Simple, Tyson is an idiot. He had a ton of natural talent, and had the best management and trainer in the world for his style and temperment, Jacobs and D'Amato. Once he signed with King, married Givens, and fired the last remnants of his team, Rooney and Cayton, it's obvious his training and style deteriorated. Add in the 5 yrs of jail, and only the oblivious can deny he was in a downward spiral.

Why do folks deny that his first fight with his new team under King featured three stooges using iced condoms for Endswell? Ain't you guys gonna figure it out?

Comment

Because they dont want to admit it. Admitting that Tyson WAS much different after he lost the catskills teams means that their argument doesnt hold as much merit.

By the way, to the dumbass who started this topic: Tyson had split with Rooney for well over a year before he lost to Douglas. In his fight with Bruno, it was evident that he had lost some of the great skills that made him special.

To those of you who argue he lost to someone who stood up to him, or who could control o fight with a jab: shut the **** up already. The old theory has been disproven time and again. Many big, strong men who could box effectively and were not afraid of him lost. I can name several, as can you if you actually watched his fights instead of blindly regurgitating what biased writers say...

Comment

So far the only answer to my question as to why Tyson has not rehired Kevin Rooney is that "Tyson is an idiot".

So he would have to be such an idiot that people watching him on TV know more about him than he knows about himself. I think this is very far-fetched.

Comment

Tyson did not like the way Rooney treated him. To Tyson, Rooney was to demanding and father-like. Thats why he has never rehired or kept in touch. And there are other reasons that the media does not know about. It's not like we know Tyson personally.

Comment

im a huge tyson fan, but the real answer is simple

he is thick and stupid

Comment

ok dude I don't know what you hold against Tyson, but you are an idiot. For your question about his trainer I have two words, Don King! Oh yeah I almost forgot, YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

Comment

Warhawk I respectfully disagree. Douglas had a good straight punch, accurate, and strong. The guys you are talking about that Tyson fought and beat that could box could not crack an egg in my opinion. And Pariah in my humble opinion Tyson was a lazy piece of crap after he got rid of the team that brought him out, and that showed up later when he didn't train properly, and then eventually quit on his stool.

Comment

i dont say he is unbeatable even in his prime, but in his prime when he train hard and was highly motivaded. guy like douglas would be punching bag for him. those who not like tyson what the ****, cant you see he was slower and lost basically all that make him great? watch bruno fight it seem like two different fighter even though he finished bruno.

Comment

here is the strongest argument. it was obviously that tyson had lost his jab,head movement, and combintions. wether it depend on him or because he didnt train properly i dont know.

Comment

Working...
                    X