Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cunningham, Naazim Rip Fury Over Using "Illegal" Tactics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cunningham, Naazim Rip Fury Over Using "Illegal" Tactics

NEW YORK — Their post-fight press conference grew tense Saturday when Steve Cunningham continuously complained that Tyson Fury regularly got away with illegal tactics during their heavyweight fight.

Cunningham seemed most bothered that his brash British opponent used his left forearm to keep Cunningham in position prior to landing the crushing right hand that ended their fight late in the seventh round in The Theater at Madison Square Garden.

“I feel I was a little wronged,” Cunningham said, as Fury sat beside him at ringside. “When they showed me the highlight when they were interviewing me after the fight, it’s like, ‘Wow! It’s a forearm lift-up and the right hook.’ It’s like, ‘Wow! Isn’t that illegal?’ But it’s over.” [Click Here To Read More]

Naazim of all people shouldnt be complaining. If that was him in Fury's corner thats exactly what he would have told Fury to do. I love Naazim but its a joke to hear an old school trainer saying "the guy cheated, he was leaning on my guy and using his weight to tire him out all night". That's what every old school trainer teaches u to do

Comment

Sour grapes.

Move back to CW, Steve.

Comment

Ha ha b-hop's trainer b!tching about illegal tactics!?

Also isn't it illegal to hit after the bell like your fighter was doing last night?

Comment

Originally posted by feroth View Post
          Naazim of all people shouldnt be complaining. If that was him in Fury's corner thats exactly what he would have told Fury to do. I love Naazim but its a joke to hear an old school trainer saying "the guy cheated, he was leaning on my guy and using his weight to tire him out all night". That's what every old school trainer teaches u to do
          Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
          Ha ha b-hop's trainer b!tching about illegal tactics!?

Also isn't it illegal to hit after the bell like your fighter was doing last night?
          still doesn't make it fair...

Comment

I think we're going to be looking at a NC being pursued,and rightly so,Cunningham has never been knocked out legitimately,why should he take that laying down ? He was ahead on the scorecards,and Fury was shellshocked no confidence in rounds 2-3 he had the look of a beaten man.round 2 was a 10-7 round for me,Fury would have been gone again had it not been for the ropes.that stoppage was pathetic,scandolous and outright cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
              Sour grapes.

Move back to CW, Steve.
              Fury was being beaten by a cruiser ! That doesn't say much for him does it ? Couldn't beat him without multiple illegal moves,hopefully we'll see a NC confirmed,should USS pursue it.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                still doesn't make it fair...
                No but its kind of funny to hear him complain about dirty tactics. If it was one of his fighters doing it he would call it old school tricks of the game. If you teach your fighters to use them don't be sour when the old school tricks work against you.

Comment

Rip your USA referee, he was there to enforce the rules.

Comment

Ehhhh Mayweather, Bhop, and many others use the forearm/elbow and I've never seen them loose a point. It happens. Taking a point and issuing warnings wasn't enough because Fury's roughhousing was breaking Cunningham down. What's amazing is that Fury had to resort to fighting like that to get the win over a cruiser-weight.

It was a good fight, respect to the fighters. Hopefully Steve can get a fight at Cruiser-weight now. Looking forward to seeing who Fury takes on next.

Comment

Working...
                    X