Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

im confused,if floyd fights canelo is it a cherry pick?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLT View Post
    you are misreading what Im saying. Im just trying to get a feel for how much you value the Cotto win for Trout and would you have given Canelo that same amount of respect for a Cotto win
    This is Non Stop Boxing! BushBaby already has 20 excuses ready when Canelo beats a fighter that is up to everyones standards. They will automatically become old, overhyped, injured, personal problems, etc, etc.

In the last 5 years I've seen behavior like that about as much as I have seen a thread about Pac vs floyd. It's to be expected!

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
      It's an embarrassing duck. Here he is calling himself "Money," yet he prefers to fight the guy with six fans. Funny thing is he can't proceed without the Mexican superstar in his undercard, basically admitting the guy he's ducking is more popular than the guy he's fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Well for starters you're way off base. I've been high on Trout way before Cotto. Sp if you think it's the Cotto fight, you're dead wrong brother.
        I know youve been high on him but much like Canelo, he hadnt really beaten anyone so its basically all about the Cotto fight in terms of being legitimate

Comment

the only person who "deserves" a Floyd fight, is trout. he beat Cotto like Floyd did, and has been better in the division longer. Floyd stans will argue against it and say trout needs to beat this guy and that guy first. as usual, before someone faces Floyd, the opponent has to go through a tournament and get worn down first.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Everyone has their own opinion you can't please everyone

Comment

that is so false. If people think Floyd couldnt sell with the Ghost without Canelo then they are crazy.
              Then I guess I'm crazy. Floyd requires a b-side to every fight. Why do I say that? Because although he's undoubtedly talented he no longer is a great salesman on his own. His fights now require an angle. Guerrero on his own is not enough of a draw to the casual ppv buyer for the fight to stand on its own and make as much in revenue as it would with Alvarez on board. It's true and there's nothing wrong with that. The angle on May 4th is not Guerrero but the upcoming fight for September. May 4,for Mayweather, is one big commercial and preview for September, but it most definitely requires Alvarez to play his part on the same bill I order to generate enough ppv buys as previous Mayweather events/fights.
              Last edited by 1nonlymre; 01-26-2013, 06:20 PM.

Comment

that is so false. If people think Floyd couldnt sell with the Ghost without Canelo then they are crazy.
                Then I guess I'm crazy. Floyd requires a b-side to every fight. Why do I say that? Because although he's undoubtedly talented he no longer is a great salesman on his own. His fights now require an angle. Guerrero on his own is not enough of a draw to the casual ppv buyer for the fight to stand on its own and make as much in revenue as it would with Alvarez on board. It's true and there's nothing wrong with that. The angle on May 4th is not Guerrero but the upcoming fight for September. May 4,for Mayweather, is one big commercial and preview for September, but it most definitely requires Alvarez to play his part on the same bill I order to generate enough ppv buys as previous Mayweather events/fights.

Comment

I know youve been high on him but much like Canelo, he hadnt really beaten anyone so its basically all about the Cotto fight in terms of being legitimate
                  I'll tell you like this bro, Delvin Rodriguez at the time Trout beat him is better than ginger's 41 fights. Beating ginger's brother in Mexico, is also better than ginger's 41 fights. If ginger did fight Cotto, it wouldn't have been at msg.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    . If ginger did fight Cotto, it wouldn't have been at msg.
                    Like I said! 20 excuses ready just in case!

Comment

It's simple really. Different people on here have completely different opinions. Some people think Canelo is a Golden Boy creation that can't fight and never beat anybody good. To them Floyd fighting him is a cherry pick. Others like myself think Canelo is a very good fighter for real and one of the most dangerous guys Floyd could fight. If Floyd doesn't fight him I would not call it a duck because Canelo is in a higher weight class but I think Floyd will never fight him. Then you have people who think Canelo might be good but he needs to do more to "earn" a fight with Floyd. If Canelo beats Trout he will certainly have earned the right to fight Floyd and if he loses to Trout then he is out of the picture. I think people on here should just wait and see who Floyd is fighting and who Canelo is fighting. My guess is Canelo will fight Trout and Mayweather will fight Guerrero.

Comment

Working...
                      X