Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donaire pretty much admits he's not taking on dangerous opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally, I just want to see him keep moving up. I'd prefer he'd fight the best while doing it, but really he is an excellent yet extremely overrated fighter. The thing that drives me nuts is whenever he gets asked about tough guys in his current division he starts talking about moving up and whenever he gets asked about tough guys in the division above him he talks about staying at the same weight for awhile.

Comment

Excuses, excuses, Look Nonito, ur overrated, and thats Why Madula was able to crash on ya azz in some of those rounds..I never seen a bum as bummy, clumsy, sloppy as Mathela in my life...never even heard of the guy, but he made u look stoopid

Comment

Rigo's performance in his last fight was astonishing. But from a business standpoint it'd be hard to sell it since Rigo is not a known name, plus if Donaire takes a loss to this guy with only 10 wins, his career might take a hit. This is why he's fighting Arce, just more cherrypicking and safe opposition by Top Rank's matchmakers.

I would love to see him fight Mares.

Comment

Originally posted by Primera View Post
          Rigo's performance in his last fight was astonishing. But from a business standpoint it'd be hard to sell it since Rigo is not a known name, plus if Donaire takes a loss to this guy with only 10 wins, his career might take a hit. This is why he's fighting Arce, just more cherrypicking and safe opposition by Top Rank's matchmakers.

To be fair... it's just as hard to sell Mathebula and his only selling point was that he had a belt

Comment

Originally posted by Primera View Post

I don't understand why Arum can't just match Rigo with Arce, and have Donaire fight Nishioka.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              I don't understand why Arum can't just match Rigo with Arce, and have Donaire fight Nishioka.
              Donaire needs a look good fight desperately , can't pass this up

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                Donaire needs a look good fight desperately , can't pass this up
                Man, I hope these mismatches (Donaire/Arce, Canelo/Lopez) backfire on TR and GB. **** all these stupid match-ups.

Comment

Gamboa at featherweight

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    Man, I hope these mismatches (Donaire/Arce, Canelo/Lopez) backfire on TR and GB. **** all these stupid match-ups.
                    I agree man, all these mismatches are not doing so well with the boxing Gods. I hope everyone that's supposed to win, loses this year.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                      To be fair... it's just as hard to sell Mathebula and his only selling point was that he had a belt
                      Right now Donaire would make about as much money fighting Rigo than he did fighting Mathebula. When the task is more difficult you deserve more money, what's so complicated about that.

Comment

Working...
                      X