No announcement yet.

Darren Barker is not a fighting man.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taansend View Post
    Where did you watch it? Been searching for that fight.

Very good fight, very underrated... you can tell both guys really wanted it.

Comment

Like i said i give him credit for the Geale fight, but put that fight to one side and lets look at everything else.

Maybe i am talking bollocks i don't know, but that's they way he comes across to me and i guess we shall see.

Comment

People read far to much into interviews and all that nonsense. It is when a fighter is in the ring that you know his fighting heart, not in an interview with sky television.

Outside the ring Arguello and Griffith, to take only two examples, did not seem in any way like fighting men but in the ring they turned into different animals entirely.

Comment

Barker proved himself a fighting man when he beat Geale after suffering a horrendous knock down...yet you think he doesn't have the desire? He has come through multiple injuries and is still fighting and he had at least 3 good rounds against Martinez. The man is a fighter.

You think only men that shout and scream and want to eat your babies are fighting men?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            Barker proved himself a fighting man when he beat Geale after suffering a horrendous knock down...yet you think he doesn't have the desire? He has come through multiple injuries and is still fighting and he had at least 3 good rounds against Martinez. The man is a fighter.

You think only men that shout and scream and want to eat your babies are fighting men?
            He kind of folded pretty easily against Martinez.

But yeah i think i went a little far.

Comment

Yeah like i said.

He was just happy with his million and rematch clause.

Comment

i think the writings in the wall for barker, imo he wont be a world champion again. he lost to martinez, ggg would stop him pretty quick, quillin would outclass him and after sturm blitzing him in two, i fail to see where he goes from here. dont see any point in having a tune up fight cause if that lead onto another world title bid he would fall way short. the only options really from a financial point would be to perhaps face one of his british rivals, murray being the best option. even then though i feel murray would be to strong for him and stop barker at some point.

Comment

It'll be interesting to hear how serious his hip injury is, not getting at him and I know he had surgery but it looked a bit like the old "I'm injured" a footballer pulls after he misses an easy chance or penalty.

I think his gameplan was wrong, he looked decent on the outside in the first round but..

Instead of trying to outbox the decorated former world champion, Barker appeared to have drawn up a plan to stay close to Sturm and allow him no space to fight at his slow, but solid, pace. It backfired horribly, as Sturm clubbed the Londoner into submission.
                  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...lix-Sturm.html
                  Last edited by Weebler I; 12-08-2013, 05:46 AM.

Comment

He dislocated his hip...

Thats a painful injury and will seriously threaten his career.

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
                      He dislocated his hip...

Thats a painful injury and will seriously threaten his career.
                      No way was that dislocated. Sorry, but thats total rubbish. If it was genuinely dislocated he wouldnt have even been able to extend it, let alone stand on it and try to box on. If it was a dislocation-relocation it couldnt be diagnosed as such without scanning, yet they announced that about 5 minutes after the fight. Somebody as literally pulled that right out of the air.

Source - Im a physiotherapist in professional football, ive seen hip dislocations, that was not one

Comment

Working...
                      X