Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The supposed blueprint to beat Mayweather shown by Oscar De La Hoya and Castillo.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone can be beat and Floyd isn't gonna retire undefeated in my honest opinion, but using Castillo and Oscar as examples don't hold much weight because Floyd is bigger now, he's physically stronger too. I don't think I'm ever gonna see Floyd get pushed around the ring the way Castillo did and in many instances Oscar.

Comment

ugh, how lame is it that people think there's one blueprint to beating floyd.

idiots, there's a bunch of ways to beat floyd, a bunch of fighters could have done it BUT he's an excellent businessman.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
        So the blueprint to beat Floyd is to go the distance, barely land any clean punches, and hope the judges give you a gift decision?
        LOL,I just said these exact words last night to my neighber. This is most Mayweather haters plan to beat him, or to knock him out,lol. Hes a defensive wizard and they call that puccy fighting, lol. Since when is it cool to take punches to the face and body, last I check that doesn't win fights. Mayweather makes you beat yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
          ugh, how lame is it that people think there's one blueprint to beating floyd.

idiots, there's a bunch of ways to beat floyd, a bunch of fighters could have done it BUT he's an excellent businessman
          Cotto and Marg had no chance, if that's what your implying.

Comment

How come every time people mention the first May/Castillo fight, they never mention the fact that Mayweather was injured? considering this it was a hell of a performance on his part, and a 100% Mayweather schooled Castillo in the rematch no problem. DLH did okay, specially that one round he actually used his jab, but he still clearly lost.

My opinion is still the same, a solid stiff jab is a major key in keeping Mayweather from taking total control of a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 1believer View Post
              And how did you come to that conclusion? Mayweather has actually become more comfortable fighting on the inside, and standing toe to toe as he has matured. I think it would be easier work for him.
              Because he would not outfight Castillo inside. And I don't think he could throw the combos or move the way he would need to if someone comparable to Castillo stepped in the ring with him today.

I'm not guaranteeing Castillo would beat this Mayweather, but I know he would do better than in the rematch, which people overblow as if Mayweather whitewashed him.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                If Castillo from those two fights could fight Mayweather today, and weight not be an issue, he would do even better. That style would be more effective against Mayweather today than it was then.
                I disagree..........

The Mayweather of today would stop Castillio.
                Floyd moved up in weight to fight Castillio who was stronger than Floyd at the time, which made Floyd have to box and move.

Mayweather now is bigger, stronger, and punches much harder.
                He would fight Castillio inside instead of outside.
                Floyd wouldn't have to move as much now.

I feel that the Mayweather of today would punish Castillio

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
                  How come every time people mention the first May/Castillo fight, they never mention the fact that Mayweather was injured? considering this it was a hell of a performance on his part, and a 100% Mayweather schooled Castillo in the rematch no problem. DLH did okay, specially that one round he actually used his jab, but he still clearly lost.

My opinion is still the same, a solid stiff jab is a major key in keeping Mayweather from taking total control of a fight.
                  I hear you bro but it doesn't matter if he was injured or not because he showed up to fight. If you step up into that ring you're 100%. No excuses. I'm a Mayweather fan but if I'm going to be honest he got beat that night.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTown2Diego View Post
                    I hear you bro but it doesn't matter if he was injured or not because he showed up to fight. If you step up into that ring you're 100%. No excuses. I'm a Mayweather fan but if I'm going to be honest he got beat that night.
                    I scored it for Mayweather by 1 point, but this thread is about wether what Castillo did was a blueprint to beating Mayweather, and you have to take into account the fact he wasn't 100% that night, as well as the fact that the same gameplan was shut down by a healthy Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
                      I disagree..........

The Mayweather of today would stop Castillio.
                      Floyd moved up in weight to fight Castillio who was stronger than Floyd at the time, which made Floyd have to box and move.

Mayweather now is bigger, stronger, and punches much harder.
                      He would fight Castillio inside instead of outside.
                      Floyd wouldn't have to move as much now.

I feel that the Mayweather of today would punish Castillio
                      I can't imagine Mayweather outfighting Castillo inside. It just wouldn't happen. Mayweather is good inside, subtle inside, but against fighters today who have little to no ability inside he looks better than he is. Castillo was very good to great inside.

Just my opinion. In general, the whole blueprint thing is a mute point with Mayweather and elite fighters in general, for the most part. If you are good enough at your style, it doesn't matter how the other guy fights you will force your fight on him.

Comment

Working...
                      X