Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you remember what your first thought was when you found out about 9/11

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was 10 or 11 and in 5th grade. The school told us what happened on the loud speaker but I couldnt really grasp it because honestly I wasnt all to sure what the WTC was.

Eventually we got out of school early and like the rest of America was just basically watching tv all day

Comment

I was a sop****re in HS. Walked into my 2nd period class and my teacher was crying looking up at the TV. They were replaying clips of the first plane hitting the WTC when the second one came into view and I was just stunned. Will never forget that day.

Comment

I was 16 years old and first saw the reports when I got home from school.

The first thought in my mind was, "I feel like having some McDonald's later".

At the time, I didn't understand the gravity of the situation.

Comment

I was getting ready for work, and got a call from my mom telling me about the first tower being hit. I first thought that some tragic accident had happened. Turned it to CNN, and I believe it was about 6 am here on the the West Coast when the second tower was hit. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I then realized that something sinister was going on.

Comment

I think I was in 9th grade in French class.

Comment

My first thought was it did not seem real and then when I realised it was real I had this bad feeling the world would never be the same and there would be wars and the ripple of the attack would touch us all in a negitive way.

Comment

i think i was like in 5th or sixth grade i didnt even know what was going on just that some buildings had been knocked down

Comment

I was 25. I had been in the Army for 6 years and was stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC in a combat support hospital. I was on school option at the time and was listening to Russ Parr on my way to class when the 1st plane hit, and thought "Dear God, what happened? How did the pilot NOT see one of the WTC buildings?????????" I had a english class that I was taking, so I went inside and my prof told me that not only did one plane hit, but a 2nd one hit as well.

I told her right then that it wasnt a accident. And that I had a feeling I would be dropping out of class. She knew I was active duty and released me from class so I could go and check in with my unit as we were immediately alerted, my SGT had already called me and told me to stand by with all my gear, as we had no idea what the orders were going to be, but we knew we were going to get orders to do, or go somewhere.

I got home and saw the news replaying everything from the 1st plane to the 2nd plane and then watched the towers come down as it was happening live.

When that happened coupled with the plane hitting the pentagon. I knew right then and there, we were going to war with somebody, and I was going to be going overseas to engage an enemy. It was unreal. And I couldnt stop thinking about the entire scene and all the poor innocent lives lost over what I knew at the time to be an unprovoked attack.

Comment

I was in a computer class in high school. I thought "damn".

Comment

I turned on the TV to CNN...saw the smoldering tower and wondered what the hell was that. My 1st thoughts were total disbelief.

Comment

Working...
                      X