Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Discusses Berto/Peterson Incidents, PEDs, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer Discusses Berto/Peterson Incidents, PEDs, More

On Friday, I was able to speak with Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer regarding Andre Berto's positive test, the status of the rematch and other issues surrounding this latest positive test delivered by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association.

[Click Here To Read More]

Bertoids ruined a good fight!

Comment

I remember when everyone was on the "let the commission do their jobs" rant...

Comment

Gentleman the thing is berto himself asked for the random
        test...what a pease of ****.....i lost all respect for mankind........

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
          We all know there is a need for better testing. However, the commission is doing their job... Khan IMO was still willing to fight. However, Peterson was not licensed and in all likelihood serve a suspension. Berto will meet the same fate, irregardless whether he intentionally cheated.

Comment

Will Berto be stripped from his title and will Ortiz be fighting for that vacant title in June?

I hope yes and yes.

Comment

Don't be any more stupid than you have to be. The illegal traces were found by testing urine samples. So mentioning Mayweather's name is purely gratuitous, since he's been raving about blood tests. interestingly, the point has been made several times that blood samples have never yet revealed illegalities but urine samples have.

The only point which you might have made, and you'd have needed to be specific, not your generalizing malice, was whether the Commission's lab would have the equipment to detect synthetics. What Berto's people should and will probably do, is have the supplements he personally took analysed, and if one is found to be contaminated, this might allow him to be absolved. The amount of the drug seems to have been very small, judging by their use of the word "traces".
              Last edited by edgarg; 05-20-2012, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ADozenArrows View Post
                Will Berto be stripped from his title and will Ortiz be fighting for that vacant title in June?

I hope yes and yes.
                Berto didn't have a title.

Comment

Just on commissions would have caught it because it was urine...

Lol.

They admitted they wouldnt have caught berto. And considering commissions are always crying poor due to lack of funding (and are just an extension of the promoter anyway)....you think they are sending all urine samples to the lab for testing? Hahaha.

Id guarantee the majority of the samples are flushed down the toilet 5 mins after they are collected.

Comment

What Schaefer and Mayweather should do is petition NSAC to adopt VADA as the standard for testing. Put the effort there instead of accusing and singling out one fighter who has never tested positive.

Instead of putting so much effort accusing someone with no proof, just do the right thing and help get it implemented so then you don't have to worry about your opponent.

Comment

Working...
                    X