Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

seriously that overly enthusiastic showtime commentator needs to go...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seriously that overly enthusiastic showtime commentator needs to go...

You can also tell he doesn't know a fucking lick about boxing.

Freaking ruined the broadcast for the Judah Garcia fight, had to watch it on mute after a couple of rounds. I don't know the guys name but hopefully he doesn't commentate the Mayweather fight.

Any commentary is better than the biased crew over at HBO.

Comment

You are correct. He is a wanker. His forced voice sounds ridiculous.

Comment

Was he the same one who kept saying "Garcia lands another right hand! And another!" when Garcia was grazing and missing shots?

That was pretty annoying, since they were dick-riding Garcia pretty hard.

Comment

I hate to see a guy get fired or demoted, but Ranallo truly needs to go. Boxing is a real sport that doesn't need manufactured excitement. His voice and commentary style is perfect for pro wrestling or MMA. Unfortunately there is a shortage of blow by blow announcers out there, so I suspect his job is safe.

Comment

Shame it can't just be Paulie and Bernstein, my two favourite commentators in the sport.

Comment

"mama mia"

Comment

Commentators being enthusiastic about boxing? We can't have that, bring back Merchant's misrable arse.

Comment

Showtime used to have Steve Albert, and he was very good. But none of you noticed that he existed, and that is why he is gone now.
                  Mauro Renallo is far better than Gus Johnson, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Visceral View Post
                    Showtime used to have Steve Albert, and he was very good. But none of you noticed that he existed, and that is why he is gone now.
                    Mauro Renallo is far better than Gus Johnson, though.
                    He was even worse - had a good voice but knew next to nothing about boxing. Showtime should bring back Tarver. HBO have a steroid user in Roy, so there shouldn't be a problem in Showtime having Tarver.

Comment

Working...
                    X