No announcement yet.

Fair or not, Pacquiao will ALWAYS be remembered for getting KTFO by Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dunkeroo23 View Post
    despite all of Manny's accomplishments, the truth is this is what will stick in people's mind forever. Yes every fighter eventually loses, but it's not like Manny was some old shot fighter who accumulated late-career losses like Ali or Roy. He got knocked out cold by a fighter 6 years older than himself.

It's pretty sad, but unfortunately people will always remember Pacquaio as Pacquaio'd
    No more than people recognize Roy Jones for getting KOed.

People will realize that Pacquiao is past his prime, like every actual fan has known for the past 2 years.

Comment

I hate to divert a thread but Roy was not 'shot' in tarver 2

you guys need to wake the fuk up and give Antonio some god damn credit.

Comment

Better to get knocked out and FIGHT than being a BITCH AND HIDE....AKA FLOYD.

FYI.........I'm not a Pac stan.

Comment

There was no better man to do it.

Marquez was obsessed with beating Pacquaio for many years.

Seeing it finally come to fruition was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
            WTF......

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
              Omfg

The level of quality members has changed in the 4 years I've been here but this might be the dumbest suggestion I've read since the Baldo has a chance against Floyd thread.

Listen my man I know you're new at this watching boxing thing but how it works is fans remember what they won much more than what they lost.

Do you really think anyone is thinking "man chris John is a badass for beating JMM by a wide margin so JMM must suck cause he lost"

You'll learn.
              um most boxing fans thought JMM won that fight. except you apparently. whose the newb now. nice try

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                  No he wont.... he's greater than Floyd
                  Uh no.....just no.

Comment

No, he'll be remember as an ATG and one of the best to ever lace them up. I don't remember Felix Trinidad for losing to Roy Jones Jr., no one does. I remember the best Pacquiao there was and in hindsight, it's going to be a long time before we get one like him again.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                      No, he'll be remember as an ATG and one of the best to ever lace them up. I don't remember Felix Trinidad for losing to Roy Jones Jr., no one does. I remember the best Pacquiao there was and in hindsight, it's going to be a long time before we get one like him again.
                      Though a lot of people remember Felix for being outclassed by two other boxers... it showed his weaknesses in full effect which people do look back on.

Though I don't think they'll remember this the most about Pac. They will however remember their four meetings and look back and say JMM was the better man. Regardless of Pac officially being 2-1-1 ... theyll say JMM was the better of the two in terms of H2H.

Comment

Working...
                      X