Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ScoreCard thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched Hagler vs Leonard again for the first time in a few years and it was even better than i remember it! Heres my card

Round 1 - 10-9 SRL

Round 2 - 10-9 SRL

Round 3 - 9-10 HAGLER

Round 4 - 10-9 SRL

Round 5 - 9-10 HAGLER

Round 6 - 10-9 SRL

Round 7 - 9-10 HAGLER

Round 8 - 9-10 HAGLER

Round 9 - 9-10 HAGLER

Round 10 - 9-10 HAGLER

Round 11 - 9-10 HAGLER

Round 12 - 9-10 HAGLER

TOTAL 116-112 - HAGLER

Seems wider looking at it on paper than it felt, there were a few close rounds in there that could have gone to Ray but i liked Marvins pressure, harder shots and his workrate over Leonards Flashy bursts

1 & 2 were Sugar Ray rounds, in the third Hagler went to his natural stance of southpaw and i thought he done enough. The 4th was Sugars, the 5th was a very close round that could have went either way but i went for Hagler, the 6th Ray did enough too take with his elusiveness and flashy combo's. 7 was Haglers, The 8th was clearly Marvin rd, round 9 was a great round which i gave to Hagler but Ray made close with a big Flurry near the end, 10 to Hagler, 11 was a close one but i felt while SRL was showboating and moving he wasnt scoring effective shots or at least not enough, and the 12 round Sugar Ray showboated without doing too much other than one great flurry mid round, Hagler sealed it with a big left and a couple of follow up shots at the very end

Comment

I personally didn't think Hagler got his groove until round 6 I only scored 1 round for Hagler in the first 6. Even in round 3 Leonards shots werent exactly pitty-patt shots there were some hard shots and he landed a few good combinations which is what presuaded me to give him it over Hagler. The commentators also gave Round 4 to Hagler which I gave Even.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
        How did you score this exactly, you think DLH won 7 and drew 1?
        6-5-1, De La Hoya.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
          6-5-1, De La Hoya.
          and you counted the kd yes? well fair enough I thought Whitaker clearly won it, I trust you have no agenda, I thought Oscar never did much in that fight and I thought Whitaker did damn well considering he had slowed and was declining at that time, gotta watch it again though, unlike most people I enjoyed it

Comment

How did you guys have Winky Wright- Fernando Vargas scored?

If I remember rightly I had it 115-113 in favour of Wright.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
              I personally didn't think Hagler got his groove until round 6 I only scored 1 round for Hagler in the first 6. Even in round 3 Leonards shots werent exactly pitty-patt shots there were some hard shots and he landed a few good combinations which is what presuaded me to give him it over Hagler. The commentators also gave Round 4 to Hagler which I gave Even.
              My card seems wide but in actual fact we only disagreed on two rounds, Round 5 which u had Even so we know that was a tight round. And the last round, i just thought Ray showboated too much and didnt get off, he had one big eye catching flurry but i had Marvin nicking it and then right at the end i thought he sealed it with that big left hand

I wouldnt have argued much if u had given the 5th to Ray or the 3rd. And if u had then he would have won on ur card. CLOSE FIGHT, regardless of my card.

Comment

Originally posted by katsidis View Post

That sounds about right. I remember at the end of the fight I expected Winky to get his hand raised.

Comment

Originally posted by katsidis View Post

I had the same score,it wasnt a robbery or anything but i felt winky deserved the nod and i feel most people would agree

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                    I scored Leonard Hagler last night and came up with this.

Round 1 - Sugar Ray Leonard

Round 2 - Sugar Ray Leonard

Round 3 - Marvin Hagler

Round 4 - Sugar Ray Leonard

Round 5 - Even

Round 6 - Sugar Ray Leonard

Round 7 - Marvin Hagler

Round 8 - Marvin Hagler

Round 9 - Marvin Hagler

Round 10- Marvin Hagler

Round 11- Marvin Hagler

Round 12 - Sugar Ray Leonard

Total - 114 - 115 Hagler
                    That's my exact same scorecard.

Comment

I had Winky winning against Vargas also. Plus Taylor and Hopkins.

Comment

Working...
                      X