No announcement yet.

mental composure

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mental composure

mental composure is very important and i wanted to bring this up cause i dont think a lot of people actually think about that when they start to box, unless you start when your young like 10 or 12 so then you just kinda grow into it. but someone like myself i started at 22 didn't get serious till i was 23 almost 24.. a lot of people might think i am too old to try to do anything but its that type of mental toughness you need to push pass the haters and backbiters and continue your forward march to where you want to go.

Originally posted by southpaw2884 View Post
    mental composure is very important and i wanted to bring this up cause i dont think a lot of people actually think about that when they start to box, unless you start when your young like 10 or 12 so then you just kinda grow into it. but someone like myself i started at 22 didn't get serious till i was 23 almost 24.. a lot of people might think i am too old to try to do anything but its that type of mental toughness you need to push pass the haters and backbiters and continue your forward march to where you want to go.

well how old are you now ?? and what's your current record in boxing ?

Comment

havent had any pro fights and i am 0 and 3 yeah lol its wack but it was all my fault like i said i didnt get serious till just recently which was my own fault no one else. but i know i train my ass off and have gotten alot better

Comment

Dwight Qawi started when he was 25 years old and never had any amateur background at all, ignore the people that say you're too old and don't let it go too your head.

If you're dedicated you can go places .

Comment

i didn't know that. damn that's wild lol i know Nate Campbell only had 36 and James Toney only with 34 and iron mike with 27 i guess the point being is like you said if you train hard and learn off of everything you can do it. the amateur record helps cause its learning experience.. dealing with pre fight pressure and such things you cant train for but the difference between amateur and pro is very shocking

Comment

theres proffesionals wearing vests, its all how u deal with stuff not the rules, not what u wear that, not if u got a manager none of that bull

its all about how u deal with stuff is being a proffesional

Comment

very true i agree. like me i know one of the things i have improved is my calmness and i think that makes or breaks a fighter. i use to be very tight and **** when i first started with sparring but now i have relaxed i can tell a big difference like the punches come out smoother and my D is better. but i see journey man who look the role physically but mental fall apart. i guess the mind is line between being ok and being a great fighter

Comment

I think you have the right attitude. I mean what's to point of saying it's to late to try and then doing nothing? We only got one life, we have to go for it.

Comment

good looks on the feedback everyone i just wanted to touch and a subject that is real important part of fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
                    I think you have the right attitude. I mean what's to point of saying it's to late to try and then doing nothing? We only got one life, we have to go for it.

100% agreement there.

Comment

Working...
                    X