Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Price: Tyson Fury Would Fight Me Tomorrow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Freedom.;13056255]People often blame the fighters for ducking good opponents, but it's the promoters and managers that hold them back.

Denis Boytsov was willing to fight Wladimir Klitschko last fall, but his promoter said "no".

Alexander Povetkin actually never ducked Wladimir, his promoter, trainer and manager advised him to avoid the fight in 2010.

Deontay Wilder would fight anybody, it's his manager who is putting him in with low-level clubfighters.

One exception however: Floyd Mayweather, who decided on his own to "retire" in 2007 when there were several very good prime welterweights. But most other fighters do not make the decisions themselves.[/QUOTE you finally have figured it out. You have ALWAYS said povetkin ducked him while many of us said otherwise. We said it was business while you said it was a duck. Now all of a sudden its business? Glad to see you are starting to understand...
    Last edited by joe strong; 02-19-2013, 07:47 PM.

Comment

hahahaha What a clever way to dis Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
        I love the backhanded insult Price just gave Fury. Its so subtle yet funny.

"Fury's not clever enough to think..."

"Its the people around him. They got the brains..."

Implying Fury is a typical brawny yet dumb guy that needs handlers.
        does anyone here that has seen Price speak not think he sounds/looks really ******ed? not being nasty but he really does.
        tyson is not MENSA material but at least he's got some wit and has some energy - Price just sits there blinking a lot.

Comment

Tyson isn't ducking price and price isn't ducking fury its the promoters playing games hyping it up to sell tickets for when ever it does happen as it will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            People often blame the fighters for ducking good opponents, but it's the promoters and managers that hold them back.

Denis Boytsov was willing to fight Wladimir Klitschko last fall, but his promoter said "no".

Alexander Povetkin actually never ducked Wladimir, his promoter, trainer and manager advised him to avoid the fight in 2010.

Deontay Wilder would fight anybody, it's his manager who is putting him in with low-level clubfighters.

One exception however: Floyd Mayweather, who decided on his own to "retire" in 2007 when there were several very good prime welterweights. But most other fighters do not make the decisions themselves.
            What about the first time when Sasha "tripped on the root of a tree and injured his ankle"?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
              What about the first time when Sasha "tripped on the root of a tree and injured his ankle"?
              That one I have some doubts about.

But in 2010 Teddy advised him to not show up at the presser.

Comment

What would be interesting (and could force it to happen) is a world title became vacant and they are both offered to fight for it... Not too hard to imagine, if Povetkin actually faces Wlad and inevitably loses his bull**** WBA title could be u for grabs.

Comment

fair enough said by Price
                  but I believe it is teh right way what the boxers and their managers to be:
                  boxers don't scare anyone and ready to fight anyone
                  managers decide who his boxers to fight is the better for now..

Comment

Fury would fight anyone, he's a traveller, they live the life.

Comment

I think it's good what furys people are doing with him, why rush to a title shot or a shot against someone as dangerous as price? Fury is only young, especially for the heavyweight division and he's only had 20 fights. Wlad didn't fight for a title (wbo) till his 36th fight, and he'd had a long amateur career, fury hasn't. Let him fully find himself as a fighter, I think with the right care he could be a great fighter. I mean why should he risk his world ranking fighting price when he's still just developing? Fight a few more fringe contenders, keep up the activity and let the others chase a klitschko, fight for a title when you've reached your potential, that's what I'd be telling Tyson

Comment

Working...
                      X