Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Morrison: Ricky Burns Fight is Off, 1/26 Return in Play

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Morrison: Ricky Burns Fight is Off, 1/26 Return in Play

According to promoter Alex Morrison, Ricky Burns will not defend his WBO lightweight title this coming Saturday after the involved parties failed to find a late replacement for him. Burn had been due to take on Jose Ocampo at the Excel Arena only for the challenger to pull out following the recent death of his trainer. British lightweight champion Derry Matthews was being pursued as a possible replacement.

[Click Here To Read More]

why doesn't he fight Broner...

Comment

he scurrreddd

Comment

Originally posted by feroth View Post
        why doesn't he fight Broner...
        Was Broner available for this Saturday?

Comment

Exactly, what's the point in a Jan fight, Just go straight to Broner ffs. I like Burns but if he ducks this fight i'll lose all respect for him

Comment

Skip the tuneups and get it on with Broner in February.

Comment

Ricky Burns shouldn't go to the US.

He'll need a KO to get a draw against an Al Haymon managed HBO house fighter.

Or they'll call a cut stoppage caused by an intentional headbutt a TKO (see Zaveck-Berto).

Or a KO to get a split TD and the shady ref won't count his knockdowns (like happened to Khabib against Guzman last week).

Comment

They should do the fight in Scotland. Burns probably draws a bigger crowd there than Broner would in Cincinnati or wherever he's from. Burns is unknown in the US and Broner still isn't a huge attraction yet. I really don't think this fight does that well in Vegas or AC.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
                  They should do the fight in Scotland. Burns probably draws a bigger crowd there than Broner would in Cincinnati or wherever he's from. Burns is unknown in the US and Broner still isn't a huge attraction yet. I really don't think this fight does that well in Vegas or AC.
                  A fight against Broner here on Scottish soil early next year would be ideal......for me!

Comment

Hamden stadium. Burns vs Broner.

Ricky can pull in the crowds and if ring magazine are saying that Brone ris a top 5 p4p fighter then that fight should be huge cuz they are multiweight champs in their prime. For those reasons I think they will be milked against cherry picked opponents for a while and when the moment has past and then they might think about making it.

Comment

Working...
                    X