Collapse
No announcement yet.

Personal Favorites That Might Not Be All-Time Greats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul Spadafora, I grew up in the same place and he was my hero growing up.

Emmanuel Augustus, because he's just a real ass boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by raf727 View Post
      Paul Spadafora, I grew up in the same place and he was my hero growing up.

Emmanuel Augustus, because he's just a real ass boxer.
      Is Spadafora in jail, out of jail, whats going on with his career? God, he looks so much different in you avatar than the kid who beat Pito Cordona for the 135 IBF title what seems like decades ago.

Comment

Rafael Marquez
        Marlon Starling
        Stevie Johnston
        D M Qawi
        Donald Curry
        Diego Corrales
        Hilario Zapata
        Joan Guzman

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          Is Spadafora in jail, out of jail, whats going on with his career? God, he looks so much different in you avatar than the kid who beat Pito Cordona for the 135 IBF title what seems like decades ago.
          He is indeed out of jail, he was working with Sweet Pea for a while, he had a few fights since he's been out against nobodies. I'm not sure what is going on with his career though at the moment, last I heard he was back in Pittsburgh and might be working with Tom Yankello again, be nice to see him fighting again but I imagine he's too risky for nothing.

He was supposed to fight Joan Guzman last year, but that never happened, that was the last I heard.

Comment

Not known as ATG but in many ways they are!
            Stan Harrington-ww.top ten contender for 8 years.
            Gaspar "Indio" Ortega --ww top ten contender for ten years.
            Tiger Ted Lowery ---hvyw. journeymen who was 75w 75l and 10d tuff man!
            Jerry "Whimpy" Halstead lt.hvy & Hvyw--I trained him for a little while, a nut!!!
            Big George Fitch--Hvyw. journeymen (sparring partner for Joe Louis) nice man.
            ****e Marino--bantwt fought from 1919 to 1929 many times fought twice in one night to hold a card together. Big crowd pleaser and ruff tuff guy in the ring and a sweet lil Uncle ****e out of it. One of my mentors too.
            All of these men are friends and a relative here an there, all came to fight regardless of their god given talents. If you fought any of them the chances were you got their very best effort. True fans love that in a fighter. Ray

Comment

Arturo Gatti......

Comment

Carlos "Tata" Baldomir. I was pretty young when he burst on the scene and I just really liked how he fought. The fights with Judah and Gatti really made me think he had a chance with Mayweather, man I was dumb back then. Went and saw it live, he got spanked handily of course. Now his most recent accomplishment is KTFO by Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  brewster
                  brewster
                  brewster
                  brewster

felt like making a few additions
                  I wanted to add the vid four times but I think the Internet would've exploded.

Comment

for me it is Hamed, what i find surprising is for such a cross-over to get so little love now is just criminal. i was always looking forward to his fights, hell he was the only fighter that my girl at time would watch with me. major props to the little Prince!

Comment

Diego Corrales is another one I agree with. And Joan Guzman I'm starting to like, after seeing his last fight, a knockout win on Friday Night Fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X