Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jones looked great tonight, but lets not get carried away.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by street bully View Post
    He is still shot, and Lacy was more or less tailor made. No Jones would not beat Calzaghe ina rematch, he would still get stopped by Glenn Johnson, Dawson would UD him, and Hopkins would as well or possibly stop him late. Roy Jones should beat Green and retire as a cruiserweight titlist, because I think he would lose to all those I mentioned, and Adanek would do some sinister things to him.
    thats a quality post my dude ......I got mad luv for Roy but it is what it is!!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      Why?

Because he beat them both when their combined age was 82?

Joe may have been the winner of those fights but the legacies and careers of Hopkins and Jones far surpass that of Calzaghe's.
      Calzaghe wasnt exactly a spring chicken in those fights.

Comment

Originally posted by WetSexyLlamaPR View Post
        End of thread.
        Now here's a guy that eats fish tacos

Comment

I agree Roy is still shot, but why are we bringing Calzaghe into the discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by shonuff488 View Post
            I agree Roy is still shot, but why are we bringing Calzaghe into the discussion.
            Because he beat a prime Roy

Comment

Cause he beat a prime Roy duh

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
                Calzaghe wasnt exactly a spring chicken in those fights.
                Calzaghe was good as he ever was. He hadn't slowed down at all and had to develop an economic style nlike Hopkins or RJJ did, and he just ourworked and dominated Kessler to become the linear SMW champ. Calzaghe was at his peak.

Comment

Calzaghe is a good whipping boy to insult here pretty much whatever the discussion

Comment

looked alot more impressive then equally old bernard hopkins looks when he squeeks out an ugly victory and gets major props. keep fighting and entertaining roy

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                      I think the Glen fight could be competitive because Glen is starting to look old in there and is past it. Though I do agree Roy isn't "back" whatever that means, Roy is past his best and will continue to decline.... it happens to all fighters.
                      Lol, man Glen would smash Roy. It would look like a replay of the first fight, Johnson would smother him from round 1... again.

The only fights I'd advise Roy to take would be Green and Anderson Silva.

Comment

Working...
                      X