• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popkins lost to Clinton Mitchell!!!

I mean FOR ****S SAKE!!!
    How low can you get?!
    WHO IS CLINTON ****ING MITCHELL?!!!

Clinton Mitchell was apparently a very good amateur according to John Scully and Hopkins had been in Jail for a long period of time. It's why he took a year and a half off, so he could fight at a weightclass more comfortable for him and learn new things.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
      Clinton Mitchell was apparently a very good amateur according to John Scully and Hopkins had been in Jail for a long period of time. It's why he took a year and a half off, so he could fight at a weightclass more comfortable for him and learn new things.
      Fair point BUT losing to him?!
      That's pushing it don't you think?

Comment

Considering that Hopkins accomplished a lot better things in his career then Clinton and a ****load of boxers ever had. I think it makes up for it.

And I know you are doing this to piss people off, so it doesn't matter.

Comment

It was his first fight! Most people would probably quit after something like that, but Bhop is a born warrior and he plunged forth.

How you finish is what matters. I think a win against the top ranked middleweight in 2008 more than makes up for what was basically an amateur match between two 0-0 fighters in 1988!

Comment

A heralded amateur... you'd know that if you were a fan of the sport and not a Calzaghe-only fan.

Comment

That loss was in 1988! That was during the Ronald Wilson Reagan administration for Christ sake!!!

Holding that against him is like some guy saying: I beat Michael Jordan back when he was a 4th grader. Its irrelevant.

Comment

And??

Henry Armstrong was KO'd in his 1st pro bout by a nobody. Now what?

GET ... SOME ... EDUCATION, b4 posting.

http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php...boxer&pageID=3

Comment

Originally posted by Lord13 View Post
                  I mean FOR ****S SAKE!!!
                  How low can you get?!
                  WHO IS CLINTON ****ING MITCHELL?!!!
                  F*** THAT!!!! CLINTON !@#$ MITCHELL beats PAVLIK, becuase Hopkins beat him, as a tuneup(he hasn't fought in a while), and then MITCHELL fights CALZAGHE!!

Mitchell now has a resume almost as good as Calzaghe's, just on beating Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeBrew328 View Post
                    F*** THAT!!!! CLINTON !@#$ MITCHELL beats PAVLIK, becuase Hopkins beat him, as a tuneup(he hasn't fought in a while), and then MITCHELL fights CALZAGHE!!

Mitchell now has a resume almost as good as Calzaghe's, just on beating Hopkins.
                    Your logic is severely flawed.

Comment

Working...
                    X