No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Would Like Bute on The Froch-Kessler Undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Would Like Bute on The Froch-Kessler Undercard

Carl Froch is targeting a trip to Montreal later this year for a rematch with Lucian Bute, once he has ‘avenged his loss’ over Mikkel Kessler.

The three-time World champion won the IBF belt from Bute last May and it has been reported that the 32 year old Romanian-Canadian could be in line for a shot at the WBC title on the same night as Froch vs. Kessler II.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good idea. Make it happen.

Crazy how one fight can change EVERYTHING. Before his fight with Froch, I would not have dreamed of reading an article about Bute being on the undercard of Froch/Kessler II. I love boxing.

Comment

Bute is not an undercard fighter in the UK. He attracts full arenas in Quebec, so he'd have to paid a lot of money to take a fight in Britain.

However as a doubleheader on HBO with Kessler-Froch II from England and Bute-TBA in Montreal it would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Bute is not an undercard fighter in the UK. He attracts full arenas in Quebec, so he'd have to paid a lot of money to take a fight in Britain.

However as a doubleheader on HBO with Kessler-Froch II from England and Bute-TBA in Montreal it would be great.
        Found this one a bit odd as well. For a guy who's considered top 5 in possibly best division in boxing to be on an undercard in a country he barely has any fans in, with a different promoter. Not too sure. I would bank on the double header on Showtime which would also be amazing. Kessler - Froch winner to face Bute and winner gets Ward on their home turf. Would be a very enticing prospect IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
          Found this one a bit odd as well. For a guy who's considered top 5 in possibly best division in boxing to be on an undercard in a country he barely has any fans in, with a different promoter. Not too sure. I would bank on the double header on Showtime which would also be amazing. Kessler - Froch winner to face Bute and winner gets Ward on their home turf. Would be a very enticing prospect IMO
          Yeah, but that will never happen. ward has misplaced his passport.

Comment

If Bute doesn't have any fights lined up then a keep busy fight on the undercard makes sense. Paul Smith would be an ok bout.

Comment

After the brutal raping Froch delivered last year i doubt Bute even wants to be in the same building as him

Comment

If Hearn makes this happen, he deserves a beer.

And Bute does have a fan base in Britain. Not as big as in Quebec, obv, but we saw the noise they made at the Froch-Bute weigh-in.

Comment

Originally posted by whoelibits View Post
                  If Hearn makes this happen, he deserves a beer.

And Bute does have a fan base in Britain. Not as big as in Quebec, obv, but we saw the noise they made at the Froch-Bute weigh-in.
                  I thought that fanbase was fans from Canada and Romania that flew in?

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  Yeah, but that will never happen. ward has misplaced his passport.
                  Ward probably doesn't want to shell the 120 dollars to get one.

Comment

Now this is what I am talking about. This is where Bute belongs, he is a C level undercard fighter. He needs to be fighting on his daddy's (Froch) undercard like a good little punch ***** that he is. Maybe when he gets a win over someone better than a C level fighter he can host the main even on Friday Night Fights on ESPN.

Comment

Working...
                    X