No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rafael Marquez Will Face Kenichi Yamaguchi on May 5th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rafael Marquez Will Face Kenichi Yamaguchi on May 5th

Former champion Rafael Marquez (40-7, 36KOs), returning for the first time since the decision loss to WBC champion Toshiaki Nishioka in October, will face Japanese boxer Kenichi Yamaguchi on the 5th of May at the Municipal Auditorium in Tijuana. Jackie "Aztec Princess" Nava will headline the show with a defense of her WBA super bantamweight crown against Colombian fighter Diana Ayala.

[Click Here To Read More]

There are a lot of fights scheduled for that date. I wish they would be more spread out

Comment

might be Rafaels last opportunity. Good fighter, time may have caught up with him

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
        might be Rafaels last opportunity. Good fighter, time may have caught up with him
        i noticed he started declining after second vazquez fight

Comment

At least he is not being used as a stepping stone for Donaire; though it could be worse, he could be a stepping stone for Mares while being on the receiving end of countless low-blows. Great warriors like R. Márquez should walk way with dignity when they slow down. It's a shame to see them become promoters' tools to inflate other fighters' records.

Comment

This is one fighter I would like to see raise to the top again. Win at least one more title

Comment

a weak card , especially w/Ayala vs Nava...I like RM but he's past his prime...

Comment

Working...
              X