Comments Thread For: Teenage Boxer Collapes and Dies After Bout in Jakarta

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R.i.p. ........................

Comment

R.I.P my prayers go out to him and his family.

Comment

dam i hate to hear bout **** like this poor kid

Comment

Horrible tragedy.
          WTF was that ******* opponent thinking, throwing after the ref stopped??
          I don't even think there was an actual ring doctor present.

Comment

I always hate hearing news like this.

My condolences to his family, from a fellow Jakarta guy

Comment

Sakti's real record prior to the fight according to the TV is 7-3, boxrec is incomplete

he's still winning most of the rounds before the stoppage, maybe he has too much fights for a 17 year old

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
              They change the name of the fighters in order to fly under the radar.
              In this instance, the young boy was supposed to have fought a guy named Ical Tobida, who have no record on Box Rec. There is a guy called Ichal Tobidal, note the added letters, who got a 17 fight record but his pic does not resemble the guy in the video. So who did the 17 year old really fight, a guy with a 50-5 record or what?
              I found it also disturbing that the show was arranged in a TV studio, and did not look professionally at all. To me, the people surrounding the boy when he collapsed, didn't look like any doctors, only corner people who put him on a stretcher to have him rushed out.
              When will this stop?
              i guess you compared the pic on tobidal's boxrec profile with the one on the vid? it looks like the same guy, although the one on the vid has less hair

Comment

all boxers are exposed to this..... RIP to this boy.

Comment

dayyum....

Comment

R.I.P. kid

Comment

Oh so you guys want to get mad at the guy throwing punches after his opponent puts his hands up and gives up. But when Floyd sucker punches victor ortiz then its okay. Victor ortiz could of suffered the same fate.

Comment

Working...
                      X