No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia on Cotto-Margarito, Rios, Pacquiao, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia on Cotto-Margarito, Rios, Pacquiao, More

This weekend marks yet another pivotal time in the life of trainer Robert Garcia, who will be with his brother Mikey this weekend in Atlantic City as he faces off with Connecticut's Matt Remillard in an HBO showcase. The featherweight duel at the Boardwalk Hall will give some clarity as to just how real the potential of Garcia is and if successful, bigger bounty will be awaiting him. [Click Here To Read More]

Man,I like Robert Garcia,he's growing on me.He's a classy trainer.He's been doing a wonderful job with Donaire & such.

Comment

Cotto-Margarito II will be an event. Who knows, maybe we'll have a trilogy between these two.

Comment

"there will never be another manny pacquiao; thats just the way it is... thats something that happens every hundred years" - robert garcia

Comment

That's, right, Pac is God in the Philippines. He can do whatever he wants, including stupid, insensible tweets, voted No to a congressional impeachment of an infamous corrupt Ombudsman chief and he gets away scot free!

Comment

About the Margarito fight... I believe Cotto has a very good chance of winning this fight if he sticks to the plan. Deviating from the plan will be disastrous, however, wraps or no wraps. Regardless if Margarito used plaster, he pressures fighters with 100+ punches a round that can tire anybody. Although I do not support him for using or attempting to use the wraps (not saying he used them against Cotto), he still is a good fighter because of his relentless pressure. Also, Cotto needs to learn how to hold more often as trying to move will be too tiring. Staying of the ropes, holding when neccessary, mostly boxing and power jabbing (which he still does extremely well), and GOING TO THE BODY MORE OFTEN will be the keys for Cotto in my opinion if they were to do it again. He rarely went for the body in the first fight which used to be the key for him; especially his wicked left hook! I should go down to my hometown of Caguas and co-train him along side Emmanuel Steward.. hmmmmmmm..... Warrr Cotto!!!

Comment

Stating to doubt pacquiao after he's response to his tweets and i don't like the fact he's protecting the corrupt. He should have stayed in boxing, period!

Comment

Cotto has look good against decent opponents but i dont think he has it to be the best 154lb, he might beat my boi margarito n if he does i think he should end his career with that, margaritos style can wear down any fighter his non stop body punching, his lil jab, n his relentless pressure makes him tough, he was actually jabbin pacman hahahaha, imagine what floyd would do to pacquiao with his jab, counterpunchin, n agile style

Comment

Plaster or no Plaster Margaritos style will present challenges for Cotto. Hes taler, has better stamina, and throws way more punches per round. I think if Cotto sticks to th eplan of boxing and making margo miss while standing his ground, He wins a wide UD. He kind of did it in the first fight but didnt stand his ground he would make margo miss and wouldnt make him pay for it. He also back peddled early in the fight.

Comment

To all the mikey lovers who said he can beat juanma look wat he said he rather fight gamboa they kno juanma is the best in the division and wont lose any time soon cotto beats plaster hands all this tlk body punches and stamina you trying getting hit with bricks cheato doesnt have power without the wraps cotto will outbox him and beat him up on the outside with the jab and on the inside with combos to the body and head cotto by tko late rounds cotto wont show mercy to this cheater

Comment

Working...
                    X