No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox Historical Review: Maidana vs. Soto Karass

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: CompuBox Historical Review: Maidana vs. Soto Karass

Jesus Soto Karass the much busier fighter, while Marcos Maidana is the harder puncher. This should be a power punch festival, as 28 of their combined 35 punches landed per round (80%) were power shots. Maidana's opponents landed 41% of their power punches and Soto Karass opponents landed 43% of their power shots. [Click Here To Read More]

Marcos is letting bombs fly... Soto Karass has a hell of a chin, wonder how long it will hold up.

Comment

Maidana does not look good at this weight at all. He is fighting dirty too.

Comment

Stoppage win, Maidana.

Comment

Lets do this **** again , this was a good fight to watch

Comment

premature hate to see a close fight stopped by the ref, especially if the opponent isn't asleep

Comment

I didnt like the stoppage. Karass was still able to defend himself, I hate seeing good fighters like Karass short changed. He deserved a longer go, he deserved, in what is probably his last chance, to go out on his back if thats the way the way it had to be.

Comment

but, from Maidana's point of view, apart from the holding early on and the cheap lowblows, he seemed to be a better boxer overall. His jab was very good and he managed to defend a lot of body shots that came his way, some thing he was easily caught with in earlier fights

Comment

You are a bum! Maidana looks awesome n could easily go on to win a title at this weight!

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
                    I think he would have got stopped eventually though...maidana just got into beast mode and was letting those hands fly.
                    I agree, the most likely outcome was Maidana knocking Karass out but Soto was still firing back. He should have been given a chance to continue.

Comment

Working...
                    X