No announcement yet.

Paying The Bills On OST

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying The Bills On OST

Since Floyd wanted ost and has done it with the Mosley fight and will do it again against Ortiz, who pays for the testing? Does it come out of Floyd's purse or the main promoter, Top Rank?

each side pays for their own testing. also from what i've read it's 50-100k$ / boxer. for pac & floyd this should be pocket change. who precisely pays for it idk. it's probably written in the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
      each side pays for their own testing. also from what i've read it's 50-100k$ / boxer. for pac & floyd this should be pocket change. who precisely pays for it idk. it's probably written in the contract.
      If it was a testing done like NSAC, i understand that both fighters pay. But for OST, which is not the normal in pro boxing, why would the other side pay for it when its the other demanding it.

Comment

Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
        If it was a testing done like NSAC, i understand that both fighters pay. But for OST, which is not the normal in pro boxing, why would the other side pay for it when its the other demanding it.
        I doubt its $100k to run a few samples, I could see $5000 everytime.

Testing needs to be random, if you a champ or top contended you need to be randomly tested by the commision even if you on vacation and dont fight for a year or two, make it true random testing and not Cherry Picking Testing that will never catch anything.

This is like a ****** trying to sound smart but then failing, like putting a Spi-ke strip to catch a stolen car but the Spi-ke strip only covers 2 feet out of 20.

^ Thats Floyds "OST" Its all a BS farce that will never catch anything because people dont juice at that time, they juice as soon as they finish a fight and have alot of downtime (see yearlong vacations)

Comment

why test for months or years? it would be insanely expensive and pointless. imo you are just as clean 1 year before the fight than you are 2 months before. the stuff they use for cheating doesn't last forever you know. they'd have to renew it before every fight practically.
          and $50-100k estimate for a test was told by one of the boxers,IIRC hopkins.

Comment

Working...
          X