No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia-Juanma Lopez set for June 15 on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia-Juanma Lopez set for June 15 on HBO

According to reigning Trainer of the Year Robert Garcia, his brother Mikey Garcia will defend his WBO featherweight belt against Juan Manuel Lopez at the AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas, on June 15.

Mikey Garcia (31-0, 26 KOs) won the title against Orlando Salido in January, dropping his foe four times. Garcia's nose was broken after a Salido headbutt in the eighth, ending the fight and leading to a Garcia win by technical decision. The injury placed Garcia on the mend.
    [Click Here To Read More]

RIP Juanma

Comment

happy to hear this got made. A heck of a lot better than Mikey against Orlando Cruz

Comment

How times have changed. Pre Salido hype Garcia wouldn't of stand a chance in their eyes. Now they're hardly on BS.

This is a cherry pick by Garcia. Though Lopez is ranked #9, he could of picked someone better or move up.

Comment

Garcia gonna destroy him.

Comment

although Garcia is a strong puncher,to me it seemed like he was starting to feel salidos punches too,i always look at a fighters reaction/expression when he gets hit and he looked like he wasn't doing that good anymore as far as getting tagged and taking those punches,he looked kind of tired too,i don't think juanma is the guy to really test Garcia because juanma really can't take a punch,the day mikey faces someone who take take a shot and punches hard we'll see how he reacts to a harder puncher because salido has avg power not ko power,he ko'd juanma because to me juanma never had a good chin to begin with,if this fight goes past 6 or 7 I give juanma a good shot of winning

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
              although Garcia is a strong puncher,to me it seemed like he was starting to feel salidos punches too,i always look at a fighters reaction/expression when he gets hit and he looked like he wasn't doing that good anymore as far as getting tagged and taking those punches,he looked kind of tired too,i don't think juanma is the guy to really test Garcia because juanma really can't take a punch,the day mikey faces someone who take take a shot and punches hard we'll see how he reacts to a harder puncher because salido has avg power not ko power,he ko'd juanma because to me juanma never had a good chin to begin with,if this fight goes past 6 or 7 I give juanma a good shot of winning
              and salido beat the **** out of Juanma twice

please Garcia will destory Junama.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                I agree, you bring up some good points. Lets see what happen on fight night.

Comment

Juanma re-breaks mikeys nose and stops him in the 8th. Then he gets the donaire fight and KO's him too.

Comment

Mikey Garcia is going to crush Lopez

Comment

Working...
                    X