No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Austin Trout Aims To Silence Miguel Cotto's MSG Crowd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Austin Trout Aims To Silence Miguel Cotto's MSG Crowd

NEW YORK — Like a typical New Yorker, Austin Trout jokingly shook his head in disgust and offered a “no comment” when asked about the trials and tribulations associated with being a longtime supporter of the Jets, Mets and Knicks.

Austin Trout was raised in Las Cruces, N.M., but the WBA 154-pound champion has deep roots in Brooklyn and Harlem, where he spent plenty of time during his formative years.

He fully understands, however, that virtually everyone in the capacity crowd at Madison Square Garden will cheer for Miguel Cotto on Dec. 1. That just makes Trout (25-0, 14 KOs) more determined to send them home as disappointed as any Mets fan from Citi Field, Jets fan from MetLife Stadium or Knicks fan from the Garden. [Click Here To Read More]

keep dreaming trout !!!

Comment

Lol he won't quiet nothen and doesn't have nothing to beat cotto I see nothing special with this kid that cotto can't handle

Comment

Can't see it. Cotto is going to outwork and outpoint Trout.

Comment

He'll make MSG silent by making the crowd fall asleep. =)

Comment

I just hope Cotto isn't too far past prime to beat this jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              He'll make MSG silent by making the crowd fall asleep. =)
              Cotto won't allow that. Cotto's gonna be on his passive ass all night.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyabolic View Post
                Cotto won't allow that. Cotto's gonna be on his passive ass all night.
                Both guys like to fight at a methodical pace, but Cotto has shown an aversion to pressure. Trout first needs to see if he can get the better of Cotto at a slow tempo. If he can't, then start turning up the heat and force Cotto on the back-foot.

I really don't think this fight is gonna be as boring as most think it will be.

Comment

honestly, how the **** are you his age and a jet, a met, and a knick fan?

at least the yankees and the giants win fuggin championships.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    Both guys like to fight at a methodical pace, but Cotto has shown an aversion to pressure. Trout first needs to see if he can get the better of Cotto at a slow tempo. If he can't, then start turning up the heat and force Cotto on the back-foot.

I really don't think this fight is gonna be as boring as most think it will be.
                    I don't think so either but I think it's in Cotto's best interest to press the action. Hopefully this high altitude training will do him so good cause he fades a lot in the late rounds =/.

Comment

Working...
                    X