No announcement yet.

Put these Mexicans In Order

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    Those who overrate Lopez and Calzaghe are probably enamored with the undefeated status they hold. Some people think that boxing is like college football where a loss is devastating.
    I think Lopez is overrated due to his obvious skills.

Lord knows what the reason for Calzaghe is.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
      Chavez
      Morales
      Barrera
      Olivares
      Marquez
      Lopez
      Sanchez
      1.Marquez
      2.Finito
      3.Olivares
      4.Barrera
      5.Sanchez
      6.Morales

Some people might think its harsh to have Morales last but he is now a proven cheater and that totally destroys his legacy. He also lost to Raheem, got destroyed 2x by Pac, went life and death with David Diaz, In Jin Chi, and even Famoso Hernandez gave him trouble.

He also could've easily lost all 3 Barrera fights. He was a fan favorite, but he was totally undisciplined between fights and in the final evaluation really isn't all what he was made out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Ruby View Post
        1.Marquez
        2.Finito
        3.Olivares
        4.Barrera
        5.Sanchez
        6.Morales

Some people might think its harsh to have Morales last but he is now a proven cheater and that totally destroys his legacy. He also lost to Raheem, got destroyed 2x by Pac, went life and death with David Diaz, In Jin Chi, and even Famoso Hernandez gave him trouble.

He also could've easily lost all 3 Barrera fights. He was a fan favorite, but he was totally undisciplined between fights and in the final evaluation really isn't all what he was made out to be.
        So Morales' legacy is destroyed because he got caught taking PED's to try and extend his career, yet Marquez is #1? Hmm...

Where would you rate Marquez if we got the shocking news that he was juiced up for his biggest win?

Comment

So Morales' legacy is destroyed because he got caught taking PED's to try and extend his career, yet Marquez is #1? Hmm...

Where would you rate Marquez if we got the shocking news that he was juiced up for his biggest win?
          I don't think it hurts Morales's legacy at all. An old man got caught trying to hang on. There is no evidence he did anything wrong earlier.

Comment

Barrera > Morales, since no one else will say it.

Comment

Julio César Chávez
              Salvador Sanchez
              Ruben Olivares
              Juan Manuel Márquez
              Ricardo Lopez
              Erik Morales
              Marco Antonio Barrera

Comment

Yes. He got caught as a low down cheater. You can make excuses for him but I won't. And don't ignore the rest of my post. He went life and death with plenty of bums. And the only reason he needed to cheat in the first place is because he had no discipline between fights. Rather than choosing to stay in shape and keep weight in control, he preferred to drink and do drugs while fornicating with hookers.

I frankly have a problem with him even being on this list. He's as tainted as the meat he claims gave him clenbuterol poisoning.

Comment

1.Chavez
                  2.Barrera
                  3.Sanchez
                  4.R.Marquez
                  5.JM.Marquez
                  6.Morales
                  7.Lopez
                  8.Olivares

Comment

I'll mention it again: where are Zarate and Canto in this discussion? Zarate lost one fight in his prime to an absolute animal (Pintor was a gip). Canto set the division record for consecutive defense against one of 2-3 best fields ever seen at Flyweight. They are both RIGHT in there.

Not sure what order it goes in (have to really think on that), but I know those two and Arizmendi belong ahead of Lopez and mix in with any of them.

Comment

Buy the sell out crowd that saw it, the NYC paper that covered it also.
                      I agree with Zarate' and Canto plus Pintor! Ray
                      Last edited by Ray Corso; 12-16-2012, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X