No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Pacquiao Needs Another Rios, Not Provodnikov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Pacquiao Needs Another Rios, Not Provodnikov

Well-versed in several aspects of the sport, trainer Abel Sanchez is a good source to turn to when you are looking for some boxing feedback.

Tucked away in Big Bear Mountain in Southern California for most of the year, Sanchez’s Summit Gym plays host to a bevy of world-class fighters from across the globe, including WBA middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin.

Asked for his take on boxing’s most recent big event, Sanchez seemed to feel that Manny Pacquiao’s unanimous decision victory over Brandon Rios this past Saturday night in Macau, China went according to the script.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Misleading title...........

Comment

I am a Provo fan but I sat down today to rewatch his last couple of fights again and while he is a little monster, a special talent like Pacquiao would beat him. Pacquiao is a more dynamic fighter... his mastery of angles, slippery movement, blazing speed in both hands and power would smash a come forward fighter like Provo. He would put up a better effort than Rios though.

Comment

the cherry picking continues for manny tax-quiao.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
          the cherry picking continues for manny tax-quiao.
          I agree with your User Title.

Comment

fight will never happen cause they are trained by the same guy

Comment

Wow, shots fired..

Comment

Everybody lands on Pacquiao, Provodnikov will land and he will land hard. Rios landed 43% of his power punches, which is really, really good, but he is such a sloppy puncher that it didn't matter. His best punches were to the body, Prov's punches will hit on the chin.

Anyway, Pacquiao likely beats Provonikov because Pac is excellent against come forward fighters, which as beastly or relentless as Prov is, he is in the end, a brawler. Put Alvarado in front of Pacquiao and we would see styles make fights and Mike would prove to be the more difficult fight for Pac from Rios, Prov, and Alvarado. I think because of Alvarado's height, reach and size, he would be more difficult than Bradley. This is why TR matchmaker's avoided that fight like the black plague, despite Alvarado having beaten Rios. Couldn't risk yet another loss on Pacquiao's record and risk his stock plummeting to the bottom of the sea. A win over a highly limited Rios now brought the creatures out of the cave about Mayweather being afraid of Pacquiao. ATG matchmaking.

Comment

no way manny the fraud fights provod.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
                    no way manny the fraud fights provod.
                    Of course you would say that when in fact Provodnikov is not going to want that fight...Pacquaio's handled Provodnikov in the past and it's documented. I like both fighters but Provodnikov has a lot of steam in his engine right now and 140 is ripe for him to take and hell of a lot more paydays than at 147.

Comment

Working...
                    X