No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Berto's Failed Test: New Details; Good News For Andre

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Berto's Failed Test: New Details; Good News For Andre

Last Thursday, it was revealed on BoxingScene.com that Andre Berto failed one of his random drug tests that were administered by VADA [Voluntary Anti Drug Association]. Berto's A and B samples were confirmed to have had traces of nandrolone.

[Click Here To Read More]

Can the fight be made now or what? It's what the fans want to see!

Comment

The Ortiz fight should now happen hopefully. Especially with the minute traces of nandrolone. If Berto wanted to cheat, he should have used enough for it to actually have an effect.

Comment

Sounds like some promoter spin to get the fight made

Comment

Originally posted by Paclan View Post
          Sounds like some promoter spin to get the fight made
          Pretty much. Peterson would've tried the same **** except he opened his mouth too soon. There's no way Ortiz is getting in the ring with this guy.
          Last edited by Weebler I; 05-21-2012, 06:39 AM.

Comment

If it's true then they should try and save this fight! Doubtful though...

Comment

Hopefully the fight can still go on. Read an article explaining it on Floydhype.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article12456.html

Comment

Where is the CSAC in all of this? I'm wondering where along the line they set a hearing for this issue? He hasn't been suspended yet that I know of, but I am sure VADA has reported their findings to the commission. So.....whats next. Vada can't make the decision whether to render him fit to fight.

If in theory he will still the substance in his body on June 23, even if minuscule, will CA allow him to compete? any precedence for this anyone knows of

Comment

If it was truly a case of contamination then I don't see why the fight can't be made. From what I understand the levels found in Berto cannot possibly give him any sort of definitive advantage in the ring.

I think they might have acted hastily in calling the whole thing off

Comment

regardless of the amount it was in his system & if they project back a month, as in alcohol (there is a formula 4 this) it can be determined the degree he had injested...no fight...

Comment

Working...
                    X