Collapse
No announcement yet.

Composure when under fire...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marquez vs Kats was such a great fight, I miss katsidis very fun fighter to watch. To answer your question i'll throw in morales. Very calm and composed when the heat is on, cant teach that you either got it or you dont!

Comment

Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
        I was really impressed by Floyd Mayweather's composure after being hurt by Mosley. He had the whole crowed ecstatic when they thought he was going to go down but he never caved, he simply adjusted.

Manny Pacquiao is another guy who keeps his composure when hurt. And I know it's funny to bring this up after being KO'd but we've seen him hurt MANY times and come back to win fights handily.

Floyds a good one and that is a great example I was thinking of adding.
        I loved how grabbed his arm immediately & managed to stay composed, let his head clear then set the trap of letting Mosley jab to the body & go for it again, this time countering him and he just gave a cheeky smile as if to say ''Not this time champ''

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          I'd like to add Larry Holmes to the list.

Another good example though I haven't seen Holmes hurt too often. How on earth he recovered from that Shavers right hand I will never know.
          One of the most vicious knockdowns I've ever seen a fighter get up from and he came back & stopped him a few rounds later.

Comment

ali has to be here that man would get hit hard and look straight back at you thinking "sucker,you made me mad"

Comment

James Toney.

He'd be comfortable in an active volcano.

Comment

Tito Trinidad, you would drop him, then he would pop up and ruin your career.

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown Champ View Post
                  Tito Trinidad, you would drop him, then he would pop up and ruin your career.
                  real talk!!!

Comment

I'd love for someone to make a compilation video of Marquez responding when guys think they have him hurt. The way he can fire off shots when he's stunned and when opponents are pouring it on him is amazing, a testament to both his heart and his incredible technique. Very few guys can throw sharp accurate shots when they're badly stunned like that.

Comment

Working...
                    X