Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What criteria must happen for Floyd to be dropped from #2 P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
    I think he should be taken off after a calendar year of inactivity passes. So for me May 1st he should come off, if he has not fought between now and then.
    I see it that way too, he can't just be holding fighters back who are putting in work and deserve some status forever.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
      If he is removed from the ranking completely or someone better than him comes along. Do you think fighters like Donaire and Martinez could beat Mayweather if they were the same weight? Most people would answer no so putting them ahead of him on the p4p list makes no sense.

It not a impressive recent win list or a popularity contest.
      It is based on accomplishment, or it should be. Inactive for a year- you should drop.

Comment

the second best in the world deserves the title... donaire has looked impressive but i still feel that mayweather is the superior fighter atm

Comment

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
          What's that,Floyd & Martinez have both been champs at 154.I guarantee that if Floyd ever had the balls to fight Martinez,that fight would happen & Martinez would beat the brakes off of him period.
          COSIZZLE right here.

it's never happening

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            COSIZZLE right here.

it's never happening
            IDK Bruhnlaw. Everybody thought Oscar was gonna beat the breaks off him, and it aint quite turn out that way. Can it happen? IMO, fa sho. Would it be likely? IMHO, Naw.

But I'm witcha, I dont see this fight happening.

Comment

What's that,Floyd & Martinez have both been champs at 154.I guarantee that if Floyd ever had the balls to fight Martinez,that fight would happen & Martinez would beat the brakes off of him period.
              Roy Jones jr was a champ at a Heavyweight, in his prime would you rank Wlad as better than Jones pound for pound?

Mayweather won a belt at 154lb but is not a Jr Middleweight fighter. If size wasn't an issue going into that match up Mayweather would be the clear favourite to dominate that fight.

Comment

If he is removed from the ranking completely or someone better than him comes along. Do you think fighters like Donaire and Martinez could beat Mayweather if they were the same weight? Most people would answer no so putting them ahead of him on the p4p list makes no sense.

It not a impressive recent win list or a popularity contest.

Comment

Roy Jones jr was a champ at a Heavyweight, in his prime would you rank Wlad as better than Jones pound for pound?

Mayweather won a belt at 154lb but is not a Jr Middleweight fighter. If size wasn't an issue going into that match up Mayweather would be the clear favourite to dominate that fight.

Fighter of the year/Decade or whatever you want to call it is based on accomplishment. Pound for pound is based on ability.
                  What was Floyd's weight when he fought Marquez??He looked bigger than Mosley when they fought.That Floyd is tiny **** don't work no more.He can make 154 believe that.Him & Cotto are damn near the same size bro.Ur so 2008 with that Floyd is tiny crap.

Comment

What was Floyd's weight when he fought Marquez??He looked bigger than Mosley when they fought.That Floyd is tiny **** don't work no more.He can make 154 believe that.Him & Cotto are damn near the same size bro.Ur so 2008 with that Floyd is tiny crap.
                    Where did I say Floyd was tiny and what does Marquez and Mosley have to do with this? I said he was a Welterweight fighter and Martinez is a Jr Middleweight fighter. 154lb is passed Mayweather most effective weight, it is where Martinez is most effective.

As I said, your argument is akin to saying Wlad is better than Roy Jones pound for pound because he would starch him at heavyweight.

Comment

Where did I say Floyd was tiny and what does Marquez and Mosley have to do with this? I said he was a Welterweight fighter and Martinez is a Jr Middleweight fighter. 154lb is passed Mayweather most effective weight, it is where Martinez is most effective.

As I said, your argument is akin to saying Wlad is better than Roy Jones pound for pound because he would starch him at heavyweight.
                      What does Wlad & Roy have to do with this(sounds familiar)??No my 1st were response was to when U asked if Floyd & Martinez were the same weight,would Martinez win.The facts are that Floyd fought at 154 before.So they can fight at the same weight of 154 & if they did,yes Martinez would beat him.

Comment

Working...
                      X