No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Kelly Pavlik Looking Sharp in Camp With Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Kelly Pavlik Looking Sharp in Camp With Garcia

When I first visited former middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik in training at the Robert Garcia Boxing Academy in Oxnard, California in late January, I could tell that the Youngstown, Ohio native was still adapting to his environment.

[Click Here To Read More]

I'm excited to see Pavlik back in action. There are so many big fights out there for him. I think he can compete with any of the top guys in the division. His chin and KO power will always make him a threat. His style is exciting and I look forward to seeing if he can make it back to the top of the game. 160 could use a jolt!

Comment

Pavlik should get a couple of fights to get the rust off. Lopez was alright... I wonder who he'll fight next?

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        Pavlik should get a couple of fights to get the rust off. Lopez was alright... I wonder who he'll fight next?
        They should feed him Rubio again for that subpar performance he gave against JCC Jr! Personally, I'd like to see him get right into the mix w/ a top 10 contender.

Comment

Best of luck to him. With his youth he has a chance to get back on top, just wish he would have made the change earlier. Guess you have to be ready.

Comment

the best thing he could have done was relocate. its hard to say sober when u get out of rehab and go back to the same old environment. now its like he can have a fresh start

Comment

Originally posted by sananman50 View Post
              They should feed him Rubio again for that subpar performance he gave against JCC Jr! Personally, I'd like to see him get right into the mix w/ a top 10 contender.
              He's already KO'd Rubio.

I agree with people here, the best thing that Pavlik could have done is relocate and got a new trainer. Not that Garcia is going to change his style, but the change might simply refocus the guy. Match him well and you'll have an exciting fighter again. Just don't put him in with a guy who moves.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
                He's already KO'd Rubio.

I agree with people here, the best thing that Pavlik could have done is relocate and got a new trainer. Not that Garcia is going to change his style, but the change might simply refocus the guy. Match him well and you'll have an exciting fighter again. Just don't put him in with a guy who moves.
                Yeah that's why I said "again". I think since Rubio's name & ranking has built up lately, Pavlik coming in and knocking him out again in a rematch would instantly give him a top 10 ranking.

Comment

Originally posted by sananman50 View Post
                  Yeah that's why I said "again". I think since Rubio's name & ranking has built up lately, Pavlik coming in and knocking him out again in a rematch would instantly give him a top 10 ranking.
                  Yeah, but like you said he's already KO'd . If he were to fight him again anything short of a quicker KO would not be good for Pavlik. In other worse he has everything to lose and nothing to win.
                  They'll give him some soft touches and then a fight with Abraham is probably his best way to get his name back out there.

Comment

This won't be a popular opinion, but I really want to see him face Ward in a year or so. I think if he gets back to top form he could finish off ward.

Comment

Working...
                    X