No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cunningham Still Bothered By Controversial Adamek Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cunningham Still Bothered By Controversial Adamek Loss

NEW YORK — Tomasz Adamek’s decision to decline an IBF heavyweight elimination match against Kubrat Pulev benefitted Steve Cunningham.

If the 36-year-old Cunningham can upset unbeaten Tyson Fury on Saturday in The Theater at Madison Square Garden (NBC; 4 p.m. ET), he’ll oppose Pulev for the right to become Wladimir Klitschko’s mandatory challenger in the IBF’s rankings. Adamek inadvertently assisting Cunningham is fitting when you consider Cunningham (25-5, 12 KOs) seemingly out-boxed Adamek (48-2, 29 KOs) during a Dec. 22 rematch Adamek won by split decision. [Click Here To Read More]

maybe, in the future, a machine will redo the scoring for all the old matches and every controversial result will be marked.

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish View Post
      maybe, in the future, a machine will redo the scoring for all the old matches and every controversial result will be marked.
      hahaha that was kind of an oddball comment but I like it. We should just put a ****ing asterisk next to every controversial decision on boxrec so people know to look into it at least

Comment

So this is the new thing for fighters nowadays, huh? They're either looking past their current opponent, or they're too busy reminiscing about a loss, that they forget about the current opponent.

Good luck Steve, you've got Fury to worry about today. I remember Chisora teeing off on Fury, but he's a bigger HW, unlike Cunningham.

Fury by TKO in the 5th

Comment

Originally posted by feroth View Post
          hahaha that was kind of an oddball comment but I like it. We should just put a ****ing asterisk next to every controversial decision on boxrec so people know to look into it at least
          Please don't. That would require more asterisks than there are stars in the Andromeda galaxy..lol

Comment

Working...
          X