Collapse
No announcement yet.

Limeys, what football team should I support

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liverpool is the only big four club with any heritage or tradition but you should still support your local team, wherever they may be in your national football league system. I hear the US don't have an open entry tier system but only franchises that doesn't allow someone like Wimbledon to go from non-league to top flight in ten years. I feel for you son, but just support the closest team one that has a stadium. Anybody who doesn't support their local team is a glory-hunter, and there is no point in them being loyal! If you want to be a glory hunter, you might as well follow whoever is doing well that season! SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAM!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
    I saw you on Match Of The Day. The cameraman zoomed in on you because you where the only person in the whole stand.
    Good for him, he does right. Football is a sport with working class roots and is all about the community, so it is imperative for a true football fan to SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAM.

Comment

You want Glory? support the Saints! 7 wins and a draw in our last 8. COYR!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gorasikawannabe View Post
        Liverpool is the only big four club with any heritage or tradition .
        THE **** ??

Comment

Originally posted by mangler jr View Post
          Here's the thing. In Boxing, you can like and support many fighters but it doesn't work that way in football. One person can like one club and the rest of the clubs are ****s.

Like a poster said, maybe that team is going to find me. I'm still a n00b so it's only a matter of time ....

Since I only been watching the Premier League, I'm only familiar with so many teams. I like Aston Villa, West Ham, Everton, and Manchester City. Other than Chelsea, those are the teams that I find myself rooting for.

I only HEARD OF some of the clubs mentioned in this thread like Nottingham Forrest, Bristol City, Southampton, etc.

I appreciate your input, Limeys. I would like to hear some more, plz.
          Support Derby County

Comment

LA ****ing galaxy you want.

Comment

Originally posted by ItalianDragon View Post
              LA ****ing galaxy you want.
              I support all Chicago teams (Bulls baby!!) so Chicago Fire is my team, but MLS is fooking wank, mate!! I'm a bigger fan of the Championship League than the wack ass MLS.

Comment

Newcastle United.

Always in the news.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler jr View Post
                  I support all Chicago teams (Bulls baby!!) so Chicago Fire is my team, but MLS is fooking wank, mate!! I'm a bigger fan of the Championship League than the wack ass MLS.
                  Watch all the championship you want, but support your local club Chicago Fire! How ill the MLS ever grow if the US based football fans never go to watch games and sing football songs. If football stadiums over there had the carnival atmosphere of Latin American stadiums, US sports fans would go football mad like rest of world. Nobody wants to watch boring ass-slapping in NFL but it has been forced on to them and they have no alternative. Support the club nearest to you, as it is easy to get to games too. I don't understand how you will get to matches regularly in the EPL? Being a football fan is all about going to watch them play, and not just being an armchair supporter. Ideally, you should have a season ticket too

Comment

Nottingham Forest.

Great History, greatest manager of all-time managed us through our glory years, great city. No excuse son.

Comment

Who one-starred my ****ty thread?

I have to look into Nottingham Forrest, I still remember playing with them when I had FIFA '99.

Comment

Working...
                      X