Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Poll: Will Pacquiao-Marquez IV end in a knockout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pac will get KO'd and then Roach and Arum will start screaming about PED's and that the sport needs better testing.

Comment

I seriously doubt it.

Comment

Only way I can imagine a stoppage is if one of them is surprisingly shot, more than we expect. Otherwise, they've fought three times and we've seen the same fight every time. Why would this be any different?

Comment

I think it will and that is what I voted. I am not at all sure it will end in a KO but I think there is a better than even chance that it will end by KO. Marquez says he is going for the KO but more likely it will be Pacquiao who gets the KO since he is the harder puncher with the better chin. That's just my opinion.

Comment

36 rounds without a KO. I dont think 12 more will do the trick. I would LOVE to see it just to put a nail in this fight.

Comment

I see it ending in KO. Marquez in 11. Pac has had his chances to KTFO of JMM and he couldnt do it . JMM looks strong and will get in a groove a lot faster than usual. Looking at it realistically JMM has gotten better every fight.

Comment

Before this fight was made, a lot of fans said they were not interested in a 4th fight. Because of that, I think these guys have thrown it out there that they will be going for a KO, to hype up the fight. I think its all BS. These two guys have already tried 3 times to KO each other and it hasn't happened. If there is a KO, its because Marquez has been effected by his age.

Comment

We got a lot of this knockout talk last time around as well. Sounds like bullshit to me to be quite honest.

I'd love to hear a detailed explanation of how Marquez is going to stop Manny Pacquiao, because there isn't anything in the recent history of either guy to suggest that might happen.

It's also pretty hard to see Marquez changing his approach that much. He knows public sentiment is heavily on his side. And although it would be much better if Pacquiao hadn't signed that one year extension with Arum, it's still a different situation to this time last year. Manny's star has waned considerably and interest in the Pacweather fight has declined significantly as well.

Marquez probably intends to be a bit more aggressive, to step into the pocket more often and try to land that additional clean punch. But it doesn't seem plausible that he'll do any more than that. He outboxed Manny last year, and the Bradley fight showed that it wasn't a case of Manny just having a bad night.

The dynamic Pacquiao is gone. He can't just mow down elite boxers anymore, he has to try to box them. He won't outbox Juan Manuel Marquez, but he won't get pummeled by him either, because even if the legs are gone he's still got dynamite in his left hand. And Marquez has tasted that often enough in the past to give it the respect it deserves.

This has distance written all over it.

Comment

I don't like Marquez coming in that big. I really think it will work against him and get him knocked down.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                      PAC catches him early in the 6th after getting outboxed in the first 5 rounds

JMM gets dropped, gets up and is bombarded with a vicious 10 punch combo

clearly out of it and in harms way, the ref stops the fight....JMM, when he comes back to his senses, claims the ref robbed him

PAC-JMM 5 in May
                      Pac-JMM 40 in 2055
                      with julio cesar chaver the IV in the undercard PPV

Comment

Working...
                      X