Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward-Dawson approved for September 8th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why doesnt ward move up to 175? it would mean much more for his legacy. If he beats dawson people will make the excuse that ward brought dawson down.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Same here.

At 175: A fight.
      From 170-172: B+/A- fight.
      At 168: B fight.

Ward should have agreed to go to 175 to win the lineal title at 175, then he'd already have 2 lineal titles this early on.

Ward should have acted more like Floyd this time around, and go up in weight to win the title. It means more when you do that. It'd still be a solid win for Ward if he were to beat Dawson, but no the huge or great win it'd be at 175.

ward wins this just because dawson struggles with weight i see a soild UD possibly gettin the late stoppage

Comment

why would Dawson do this? that weight drop will not be good for him at all, look at his build. he is fairly lengthy and for him to go to 168 I am almost positive Ward will be a much stronger guy.

correct me if im wrong but i think ward walks around at 185-190, 175 would be no problem for him to work up to and if he wanted to show some balls he would have came up and challenged chad to win the light heavy title, seems like mostly all the fighters are taking the easiest and safest roads.

Comment

Dawson called him out and said he will fight ward at 168. Thats Dawson fault for having to go down in weight. He shouldn't challenge ward at 168 if he can't make the weight healthy. Ward just accepted a challenge at his weight against one of the best boxer in the sport.

Comment

Wow, that would be some fight. Both guys are very technical so it might not be exciting

Comment

Dawson has had a ton of fights at SMW and even MW. You have to be fair both ways and remember that Dawson called him out, Ward is the bigger name, and Ward has other guys to fight. He dont have to come to LHW for Dawson.

I dont get why Ward should do Dawson a favor. Why the hell should Ward come to Dawson? Makes no sense at all. Dawson has to come to 168 or dont come at all. Again, its not like Ward is screaming for the fight or that Ward has to move up right now or that Dawson is the name. NO.

Again, I would like Ward to go up some but if he doesnt want to then he doesnt have to. Id rather them fight at 168 than Ward saying that he wont fight him at all which he easily couldve said and no one wouldve ripped him for

Comment

168 is bull**** Dawson is a huge Lhw he will be drained

Comment

Same here.

At 175: A fight.
                  From 170-172: B+/A- fight.
                  At 168: B fight.

Ward should have agreed to go to 175 to win the lineal title at 175, then he'd already have 2 lineal titles this early on.

Ward should have acted more like Floyd this time around, and go up in weight to win the title. It means more when you do that. It'd still be a solid win for Ward if he were to beat Dawson, but no the huge or great win it'd be at 175.
                  This would be the PERFECT time. Dawson is beatable at either weight, so I don't know why he disregarded this chance. Dawson is the one who benefits most cuz he's the one taking the risk. Sure, he put himself in this vulnerable situation, but Ward took the bait.

Dawson said he can make 168, but he looks like a big LHW to me. Losing 7 pounds will most likely affect his performance, and he only has himself to blame.

Comment

you cant even say ward brought him down dawsons dumb ass said 168

Comment

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...or-september-8

I must say, I'm a bit upset with Ward on this one. Even though it's a good/solid fight, it would have meant much more at 175 lbs or even a CW from 170-172.

I just hope Dawson doesn't struggle to make 168, and I hope it doesn't f**k up his performance. I don't know why Chad said he'd go to 168, and not sure why Ward doesn't just fight him at 175 or even a CW from 170-172 would be better.

Good/solid fight, could have been better anywhere from 170-175 though.
                      Thanks for the good news. I hope it's true. To me the weight is perfect. Dawson challenged Ward so he should come to Ward's weight,not the other way around. Dawson said he will be at full strenth at 168 so I see no reason not to believe him. Anything over 168 and only the light heavyweight tittle is at stake. At 168 Dawson can take Ward's tittle and if Ward wins he gets Dawson's tittle since both will be under 175. The winner gets to choose which tittle they wish to keep. Also Ward is rated #5 pfp. by Ring and Dawson is rated #10 pfp. If Dawson beats him at 168 it will raise his pfp. rating. Ward did nothing wrong. He just accepted Dawson's challenge. If Dawson stays on the outside as much as possible and uses his reach, and fast accurate combination punches I think he will beat Ward.

Comment

Working...
                      X