Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo is just that damn good!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree I like canelo. The funny thing is everyone who is criticising canelo seem to praise broner. Broner lost to a fighter 2 weight divisions below him and got a gift. IMO both need to step up there competition and I have no doubt canelo will be the better of the 2 fighters

Comment

The problem with Canelo is that he picked up a title too early, and hasn't defended it against many top opponents yet.

I mean, he won the WBC title fighting Matthew Hatton... Umm, what? His first two defenses were against Ryan Rhodes and Alfonso Gomez FFS. If he didn't have the title, you could argue that he was still inexperienced and needed to step up slowly, but I think once you have a world title, you've lost that excuse.

Cintron and Mosley aren't such bad opponents though. Cintron is a mental midget, and Mosley is a bit past it... but they're both guys that have fought at the top level and were decent step ups for him.

I agree he looks legit, but he needs to start fighting some young, top fighters, that are natural 154 pounders.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        No matter who he fights people will still hate.

I made a thread when I first came on here saying he was legit and people where saying ''so & so beats him, hes garbage etc''
        Hes beaten pretty much all them guys or they've ducked him.

The kid is legit, if he fights K9 you'll say he was old, scrappy & his best win was over the boring Cory Spinks.

If he fights Lara you'll say he lost to Molina, hasn't even had 20 pro fights.

If he fights Kirkland, hes got a glass chin, Angulo was always dog**** & the slowest 154lb fighter on earth.

He just can not win and let me tell you like I did last year there is not one single guy on this earth at 154 that beats this kid. He would knock Cotto into retirement, he would smash Lara to pieces, Vanes isn't even worth mentioning neither is Molina who would do nothing but try hug his way to a boring decision.

Canelo IS the real deal You can nit-pick his record, you can do that with anyone in history. NO 154LB FIGHTER BEATS HIM!

To think he is still a kid too.
        You say this as if he has beaten anyone close to the top of the division. I like Alvarez too, and think he will likely have a good career, but you can't brag and complain about fights he hasn't won.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
          I have admitted several times in the past that Canelo is overhyped on certain levels, his resume isn't the best out there compared to other boxers non154, has been spoiled at times, has had stupid ass catch weight fights, paper belt, and other things............

BUT

Dude is elite, has been putting in work, has been TRYING to get good fight going, done more than the majority of 154 pounders, very good technically, improving, good for the sport, IS THE FUCKING TRUTH NOW!! among many other things.

I may like him but I'm fair.
          It's harder to complain about his competition when he is trying to make good fights and just having terrible luck. You can't fault a guy for things that are not in his control.

Comment

I'm still waiting for that signature win. The hype and promo around him is telling everybody he is. He sell tickets but is yet to fight a serious opponent

Comment

Obvious sarcasm. I'm surprised some actually fell for it.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                No matter who he fights people will still hate.

I made a thread when I first came on here saying he was legit and people where saying ''so & so beats him, hes garbage etc''
                Hes beaten pretty much all them guys or they've ducked him.

The kid is legit, if he fights K9 you'll say he was old, scrappy & his best win was over the boring Cory Spinks.

If he fights Lara you'll say he lost to Molina, hasn't even had 20 pro fights.

If he fights Kirkland, hes got a glass chin, Angulo was always dog**** & the slowest 154lb fighter on earth.

He just can not win and let me tell you like I did last year there is not one single guy on this earth at 154 that beats this kid. He would knock Cotto into retirement, he would smash Lara to pieces, Vanes isn't even worth mentioning neither is Molina who would do nothing but try hug his way to a boring decision.

Canelo IS the real deal You can nit-pick his record, you can do that with anyone in history. NO 154LB FIGHTER BEATS HIM!

To think he is still a kid too.
                I agree i think he only fight there is for him is Cotto, which in time will lead to Mayweather or a jump up to 160.

I think he beats Cotto but it would be his best win and a good fight.

Comment

Unify, Unify, Unify

K-9 is a BEAST! Best opponent for Alvarez at this time. Let's see some title unifications in boxing to determine the TRUE CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Yup, i agree.

I really believe Canelo is the real deal and not just a hypejob as it seems 95% of the people on this forum think.

I get that he hasn't beat a legit opponent yet but the kid is 21 years old FFS, people need to rememeber that.

Which other 21 year old has a resume that comes anywhere near Canelo's?

Everyone keeps using the ''GoldenBoy are protecting him'' line. Are they really? I mean, The Punisher, Kirkland and then Ortiz were all opponents GBP wanted, does that look as if they are protecting him?

Canelo is the real deal. He aint no hypejob. You haters will still be hating no matter who he beats.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                      I'm still waiting for that signature win. The hype and promo around him is telling everybody he is. He sell tickets but is yet to fight a serious opponent
                      And you'l get it. But does him not having a signature win at the age of 21 really warrant the hate he get's on this forum? Not saying from you personally but the majority of this forum.

I mean FFS there's people like Bute who got to the age of 31 without having beaten anybody and he was quite a few people's top 10 P4P lists

I agree wth you that he needs a signature win, however im not gonna hate on him like many do for not having one by the age of 21 when you see others get into their 30's having beat nobody and have a load of hype.

Comment

Working...
                      X