Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Kessler version was better, calzaghe or froch???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think it's about even, didn't kessler have a messed up hand vs calzaghe?

edit: just read the opening post, yea, about even imo
    Last edited by SplitSecond; 05-30-2012, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Maybe the question that should be asked is, "Has Kessler improved since he fought Calzaghe?" If he hasn't improved then its impossible for Froch to have faced a better Kessler.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
        Maybe the question that should be asked is, "Has Kessler improved since he fought Calzaghe?" If he hasn't improved then its impossible for Froch to have faced a better Kessler.
        Where the fight takes place is also important. It's tougher to beat a fighter in his home town with thouands behind him, and not just because of officiating.
        Last edited by Weebler I; 05-30-2012, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          Where the fight takes place is also important. It's tougher to beat a fighter in his home town with thouands cheering for him, and not just because of officiating.
          That depends entirely on the fighter.

Do you give Bute the benefit of the doubt because he fought Froch in his back yard then?
          Last edited by Rapid Counter; 05-30-2012, 06:45 AM.

Comment

That depends entirely on the fighter.
            Home-field advantage is important in most sports but in boxing it's huge. There are a number of factors at play,

1. The home crowd lifts a fighter and sways a referee's decision-making
            2. Hormonal effects of fighting at home, principle of territoriality common to all animal species http://www.ingentaconnect.com/conten...00002/art00969
            3. The judging is often slanted towards the home fighter

Do you give Bute the benefit of the doubt because he fought Froch in his back yard then?
            I give him credit for it, and think he would do better in Montreal in front of 20,000 support. Of course home advantage while important, doesn't guarantee a win.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              Home-field advantage is important in most sports but in boxing it's huge. There are a number of factors at play,

1. The home crowd lifts a fighter and sways a referee's decision-making
              2. Hormonal effects of fighting at home, principle of territoriality common to all animal species http://www.ingentaconnect.com/conten...00002/art00969
              3. The judging is often slanted towards the home fighter

I give him credit for it, and think he would do better in Montreal in front of 20,000 support. Of course home advantage while important, doesn't guarantee a win.
              Can't argue too much with 1 and 3 but 2? Come on son. Hormones? Lol

Comment

i've had the honor of meeting the champ, he told me he missed 2 weeks sparring for Calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
                  i've had the honor of meeting the champ, he told me he missed 2 weeks sparring for Calzaghe.
                  I also remember reading that Calzaghe very rarely sparred because of his hand problems. He sparred nowhere near as much as the average pro.

Comment

Can't argue too much with 1 and 3 but 2? Come on son. Hormones? Lol
                    It might sound strange at first but there have been studies carried out

discussion: http://www.soccerbythenumbers.com/20...-hormones.html

Comment

The one that Calzaghe beat he was in his prime then. Froch lost to a faded one eyed Kessler.

Comment

Working...
                      X