Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Martinez: Sergio Has Everything To Lose, Not Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Martinez: Sergio Has Everything To Lose, Not Cotto

Sampson Lewkowicz , advisor to the middleweight champion of the World Boxing Council, Sergio "Maravilla" Martinez (51-2-2, 28KOs), is hoping that a deal gets finalized for a June 7th title defense against Puerto Rican superstar Miguel Cotto (38-4, 31KOs) at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

The two sides are at odds over several items. According to reports in Argentina, several of the items being negotiated out includes the actual name order of the fight - Martinez-Cotto or Cotto-Martinez. Despite moving up in weight to challenge the champion, Cotto is requesting to come out second and for his name to appear first in the billing.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What is this coward even on about? You are picking on a 154 pounder who will probably kick your ass to the ground too... while ducking the biggest name in your division. Cotto has you in the palm of his hand, you will take the fight because you won't make that type of money anywhere else you clown.

Comment

How long can you actually argue about ring walks and billing order? Why would Cotto even get to walk second anyway? Everything about this match-up makes him the challenger.

Comment

I don't get it. You didn't care that it was billed as Chavez Jr.-Martinez or when Paul Williams walked last and was introduced last when you were champ.

Cotto you caved to Manny on his demands, granted you were under contract to TR.

I think the supposed bad blood is real and these 2 legitimately don't like each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
          What is this coward even on about? You are picking on a 154 pounder who will probably kick your ass to the ground too... while ducking the biggest name in your division. Cotto has you in the palm of his hand, you will take the fight because you won't make that type of money anywhere else you clown.
          I think Martinez wrote a check that he cant cash. He thought because of the mere belt he would dictate the terms. Even more I think he is doubting himself, and he don't feel so sure of beating Cotto.

I mean, did he bitch this much vs Chavez Jr.? of course not cuz Chavez was a bum.

Sergio is a chicken shit diva!!

Sergio go fight Golovkin....
          Last edited by ChampBox@PR; 01-06-2014, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampBox@PR View Post
            I think Martinez wrote a check that he cant cash. He thought because of the mere belt who would dictate the terms. Even more I think he is doubting himself, and he don't feel so sure of beating Cotto.

I mean, did he bitch this much vs Chavez Jr.? of course not cuz Chavez was a bum.

Any idea who Cotto will look to if Martinez falls through?

Comment

Originally posted by ChampBox@PR View Post
              I think Martinez wrote a check that he cant cash. He thought because of the mere belt who would dictate the terms. Even more I think he is doubting himself, and he don't feel so sure of beating Cotto.

He did and now he is noticing, he is shaking in his ballerina shoes!!

And is he nuts? Cotto is the PPV name... in fact, he is one of the top 3 names in the entire sport. Who the hell does Martinez think he is lol. Cotto is in the position he is in today because he earned it, he is in the big seat and he calls the shots on this one.

A weeded up version of Chavez battered his sorry ass around the ring like a ragdoll. He is trying to cash out but Cotto will beat his ass into retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                I don't get it. You didn't care that it was billed as Chavez Jr.-Martinez or when Paul Williams walked last and was introduced last when you were champ.

Cotto you caved to Manny on his demands, granted you were under contract to TR.

I think the supposed bad blood is real and these 2 legitimately don't like each other.
                Its just Martinez being a bitch!! Thats all! He wrote a check with his mouth that his ass cant cash

Cotto will fuck him up for all this bs

Comment

Cotto will beat the brakes off this one hit wonder ass poser.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                    Any idea who Cotto will look to if Martinez falls through?
                    Peter Quillin is plan B. But I dont think Arum will let Martinez **** this one up. Martinez is fighting under Top Rank on this one. Arum have rights on his ass since the Chavez jr fight

Comment

Working...
                    X