No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: British Scribes Push On as Zab Judah Boycott Continues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: British Scribes Push On as Zab Judah Boycott Continues

I’m sure the British Bulldog Winston Churchill would be impressed at how his island nation’s boxing press corps has bitten down and continues to cover Saturday night’s Zab Judah-Amir Khan world title bout as if nothing is amiss.

[Click Here To Read More]

Khan-Judah is not on Sky TV. It's on Primetime.

Comment

I suppose Prime time is a channel on Sky in some way... But the whole article is about sky which is no longer the case.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        I’m sure the British Bulldog Winston Churchill would be impressed at how his island nation’s boxing press corps has bitten down and continues to cover Saturday night’s Zab Judah-Amir Khan world title bout as if nothing is amiss.

[Click Here To Read More]
        Just a few little things Marley. Before you graduated to writing articles which would suffer publication, you should have learned a little about the people and places you might write about.

There was NO LORD CROMWELL, he was always plain OLIVER CROMWELL, and execrated as he is by "your Irish Ancestors" (??) to this VERY day, they'd cerainly dispute you on this.
        England had become a Commonwealth with NO king, therefore, no conferred titles. And Cromwell refused social honours of all kinds, as Churchill, much later in history, also did.
        Also, in the land pf "pence, shillings and pounds"..right next door to your "ancestral land"....(?) the correct AND ONLY term to use for a few pennies is....yes, you've guessed it, PENCE.

But there is NO such philological marvel as a single "pence". The singular is "PENNY" and the plural is "PENCE".

I stopped reading there, and will remain for ever, ignorant of the pearlls of wisdom which notmally pour from your "pen", since these normally insignificant little errors, born of ignorance, nevertheless are extremely irritating to a person like myself, who tries to use language as it should be used.....correctly (I hope).

It embarrasses me to witness someone showing off his ignoranc, indeed, as you do, FLAUNTING it. Perhaps if you tried to talk just bocing without trying to "flrsh out" your article with unneccessary verbiage you don'd understand and local colour that is a mystery to you, your often (deservedly so) highly criticised articles would be better received

Comment

Fuque British TV

If he is not getting paid anything from British Television I really don't see why he should help promote the fight for British Television. No matter which British network is covering the fight. Thats just common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by peplz View Post
            If he is not getting paid anything from British Television I really don't see why he should help promote the fight for British Television. No matter which British network is covering the fight. Thats just common sense.
            Well, its all about having good business sense. As a boxer, u want as much press as humanly possible. Why? because the media gives a boxer that needed publicity which is a very important part of being successful from a Financial stand point. After all these years, Zab still hasn't learned to look at the big picture. So what! Let Khan have his little ppv money this trip, however if Zab beats him he will gain some of the UK market and would command half of the ppv in a potential rematch for a much bigger purse and more payper views. And if he beats a rematch, the sky's the limits for Zab.
            Last edited by iniduoh; 07-20-2011, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Exactly. This is the type of childish behaviour that has kept zab broke most of his career. I'm very surprised by Kathy Duva, you would think someone of her business credentials would know better. Having said that, she likely knows he will lose and it just trying to cash out anyway so his future marketability isn't of much concern to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by iniduoh View Post
                Well, its all about having good business sense. As a boxer, u want as much press as humanly possible. Why? because the media gives a boxer that needed publicity which is a very important part of being successful from a Financial stand point. After all these years, Zab still hasn't learned to look at the big picture. So what! Let Khan have his little ppv money this trip, however if Zab beats him he will gain some of the UK market and would command half of the ppv in a potential rematch for a much bigger purse and more payper views. And if he beats a rematch, the sky's the limits for Zab.
                What business sense does it make to give the British interviews and have only the British fighter reap any benefits from it. Zab Judah isn't going to get any extra publicity for answering the British medias questions. He'll get extra publicity if in the United States if he wins the fight. And that's all that matters. The UK market in particular and the European market in general matter not for an American boxer.

Comment

Working...
                X