Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
    Yeah its not like Vitali lost to a 6 foot 200 lber before

Oh wait.....

More like got injured while winning 7-2 x2 and 8-1 on the scorecards.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
      I'll humor you. Lennox was 6'5", outweighed Louis by 40 lbs and had the longest reach probably in heavyweight titleist history. I think the success he had against Klitschko would not happen for Louis based on that. I understand he's an ATG and all but in my opinion, if Vitali didn't get injured or cut, there's no way Joe beats him by any means. I mean, get real, Schmelling knocked him out while he was prime. Max is a HOFer but he's no Vitali folks.

Joe Louis was 58-1 at the time of his first retirement beating every single ranked heavyweight challenger #1-10 for an entire decade. And he did this all alone, without a 6 and a half foot brother to assist him. Avenged his only loss during this time by devastating 1 round KO.

Could you imagine prissy Vitali going on a 58-1 stretch without b*tching about a knee or some phantom injury? I cannt. Hed probably price himself out of all the biggest fights like he did with Valuev, and go on a 4 year vacation.

Vitali is a fraud and there is no evidence on his resume that he could actually beat a top tier skilled boxer like Joe Louis.

Comment

More like got injured while winning 7-2 x2 and 8-1 on the scorecards.
        Scorecards are only good for wiping ones ass in a Heavyweight title bout. The cards couldve read 9-0, Vitali still quit like a b*tch the second he started getting hammered by a man half his size.

Comment

Scorecards are only good for wiping ones ass in a Heavyweight title bout. The cards couldve read 9-0, Vitali still quit like a b*tch the second he started getting hammered by a man half his size.
          Implying Vitali was getting hammered by Byrd.

Comment

Joe Louis was 58-1 at the time of his first retirement beating every single ranked heavyweight challenger #1-10 for an entire decade. And he did this all alone, without a 6 and a half foot brother to assist him. Avenged his only loss during this time by devastating 1 round KO.

Could you imagine prissy Vitali going on a 58-1 stretch without b*tching about a knee or some phantom injury? I cannt. Hed probably price himself out of all the biggest fights like he did with Valuev, and go on a 4 year vacation.

Vitali is a fraud and there is no evidence on his resume that he could actually beat a top tier skilled boxer like Joe Louis.
            My evidence is Louis getting knocked out badly by a guy that was way, way smaller than Vitali with half the skills. There's no real defense for that man. And beating other light heavyweight bums when they were considered heavyweight defenses from the 'bum of the month' club is quite different than fighting Vitali. SO..... based on this, my opinion is far stronger a case than yours I'm afraid. Anyone who picked Louis to beat Vitali needs to follow another sport that they know something about.

Comment

here's my sophisticated argument

part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ovh8...eature=related

And part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FecLhLS8ibI

Carnea is actually quicker than Vitali (Vitali is probably tougher and stronger) Louis greater than Byrd in very department.

Comment

I tend to agree if Byrd had went on to actually stop Vitali but unfortunately he didn't. Vitali didn't get hammered by nothing, he didn't even have a mark on his face. This is the spin a hater puts on everything the brothers do. Let me ask you, why do you have such stake in belittling Vitali?

Comment

Yeah because its crazy to think one of the 3 greatest hwt champions of all time would lose to to a guy whose best win is Chris Aereola.

Comment

I tend to agree if Byrd had went on to actually stop Vitali but unfortunately he didn't. Vitali didn't get hammered by nothing, he didn't even have a mark on his face. This is the spin a hater puts on everything the brothers do. Let me ask you, why do you have such stake in belittling Vitali?
                    Vitali quit on his stool due to an injury taken as a direct result of the fight ie he was stopped. If he had the heart of some of the past ATG's he would have carried on and probably have pulled out the win. I think you'd be best taking Vitali's losses like a man rather than making excuses. Sonny Liston quit on his stool v Ali for what was apparently a very similiar injury. I don't hear any Liston fans saying he wasn't stopped. Perhaps you should change your name to the less dramatic but perhaps more appropriate Mr. Invincible (accept for when he's not)
                    Last edited by Daddy T; 03-21-2012, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Both get KOed in the same night!! Honestly these guys are stiffs compared to Joe Louis, the skill levels couldn't be further apart! Light hitting men opened these guys up imagine what Louis punches would do to them. They look awkward now against bums and miss badly then just stand there because their opponents don't come to try to win their there to get paid. Who have they fought that can punch and come to win??? What would happen to them when they'd get hit by Max Baer let alone Joe Louis?
                      These are great big, slow, awkward Euro styled boxer who have benefitted from a weak heavyweight era because the best athletes aren't boxing anymore. The decline has been going on for the past 25 years and will continue to devastate the sport. Its not the brothers fault by any means but don't positioning these big amatuer boxers with the likes of pro fighting Joe Louis. Their offense and defense is their size, what happens to them against a fighter that will immediately look to reverse their advantage and slip their jabs and immediately move under or to the side and punch in sequences. Pressure negates their size and allows their size to be turned into a negative instead of a positive. it won't take to many hard punches to the head to break either of these fellows down. I don't like their expressions when their under attack or when they get hit. I'm not a "brothers" hater I actually like them and the way they conduct themselves but as champions they don't promote boxing at all. They don't go after the media in a positive manner and seem to shrink away from world wide media. The Heavyweight Champion of the World needs to be a recognizable personality for the sport of Boxing to flourish. You can have the great Sugar Ray, the Marvelous Ones, the Pacman vs Floyds and all that but the Dempseys, Louis's, Marciano's, Ali's and yes Tyson's keep Boxing in the forefront but the Brothers haven't captured the Worlds interest in Boxing at all. Its not good for boxing when the little guys are the headliners but when the big guys are very thin and void of personality the sport is going to take a huge hit!! ....and it has! Ray.

Comment

Working...
                      X