No announcement yet.

Is Ali punch drunk and suffer from Parkinson's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Ali punch drunk and suffer from Parkinson's

Who believes Muhammad Ali is punch drunk and suffers from Parkinson's ?

Or he just suffers from Parkinson's syndrome due to boxing?

I would like to hear your thoughts and comments.

I'm not too knowledgable about Parkinson's disease to be honest but much as i'd like to think Ali's current condition is not related to boxing I believe sadly it is.

Comment

suffers from Parkinson's syndrome due to boxing

Comment

He suffers from Parkinson's syndrome and he himself says that it's boxing related. I wouldn't argue against that statement.

Comment

I believe Muhammad Ali has got the double wamo.

I believe he is punch drunk and also suffers from Parkinson's syndrome due to boxing.

He can no longer even talk to his wife,and needs assistance to even stand or walk a short distance.His weight is dropping,and the Parkinson's is really elevating to another stage.

I don't ever remember a boxer in worse condition than Muhammad Ali.That's why I believe he is both punch drunk and suffers from Parkinson's syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingbuff View Post
            I believe Muhammad Ali has got the double wamo.

I believe he is punch drunk and also suffers from Parkinson's syndrome due to boxing.

He can no longer even talk to his wife,and needs assistance to even stand or walk a short distance.His weight is dropping,and the Parkinson's is really elevating to another stage.

I don't ever remember a boxer in worse condition than Muhammad Ali.That's why I believe he is both punch drunk and suffers from Parkinson's syndrome.
            Boxing history is littered with examples of old champions confined in mentalinstitutions after going completely bonkus.

One of the most well-known and sad stories is that of lightweight champions Ad Wolgast and Battling Nelson. The end of their bitter rivalry is here:

In January 1954, a month before his death on February 7, "The Durable Dane" was admitted to the charity ward of Chicago State Hospital. He was, according to a wire service report, "a wasted, incoherent little man without a penny to his name." The diagnosis was "incurable senile dementia." A press account said that the 71-year-old fighting machine spent the last weeks of his life babbling nonsensically about boxing events that had occurred decades before.

The news that he had oulasted his bitterest enemy might have consoled Wolgast if he had been in any condition to comprehend it. After drifting out to California in 1918, and even fighting once or twice more, the Wildcat's benumbed brain ceased forever to function normally. He was committed to a California asylum, and for many years trained there in a makeshift gym to defend the lightweight crown that, in what was left of his own tortured mind, he had never lost. When he died on April 14, 1955, Ad's mind was a total blank, and he had spent more than half of his 67 years in mental institutions.

Comment

Ali is in bad condition but his mind is still surprisingly sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                Ali is in bad condition but his mind is still surprisingly sharp.
                Sorry but this is not true, Ali no longer has a sharp mind and his wife and family should stop parading him around the world to the public, Ali needs to be at home now and just looked after.

For example a boxer with a sharp mind is George Chuvalo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Boxing9 View Post
                  Sorry but this is not true, Ali no longer has a sharp mind and his wife and family should stop parading him around the world to the public, Ali needs to be at home now and just looked after.

For example a boxer with a sharp mind is George Chuvalo.
                  which is crazy considering how many punches chuvalo took....ali ****ed up by coming back against holmes 2 years off......if you watch his interviews right before berbick is when it gets real bad....

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Boxing history is littered with examples of old champions confined in mentalinstitutions after going completely bonkus.

One of the most well-known and sad stories is that of lightweight champions Ad Wolgast and Battling Nelson. The end of their bitter rivalry is here:
                    Did you read about Bat Nelson at the Willard - Dempsey fight? Taking baths in the big barrels of lemonade.

Comment

Working...
                    X