Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WAIT!! I thought the shoulder roll doesnt work on a southpaw stance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lineal Champ View Post
    WAIT!!!!

I though all you *****s said Floyd "never uses the roll against southpaws anymore," in repsonse to the video Donaire did to expose the problems with the roll against a southpaw.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...e+video&page=2
    Only an idiot would say the shoulder roll doesnt work vs southpaws...did it not work vs Corley, Mitchell, Judah and Ortiz?.

none of those guys landed ****

Comment

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
      yet and still no southpaw has ever came close to landing anything other than 1.....said 1 significant punch....

so obviously it works to perfection
      Which southpaw and which punch? Because I can think of a few different ones right now.

This thread backfired lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
        Only an idiot would say the shoulder roll doesnt work vs southpaws...did it not work vs Corley, Mitchell, Judah and Ortiz?.

none of those guys landed ****
        He High Guarded like no other in all of those fights. ESPECIALLy the judah fight. Come on man, get real.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          Up until the headbutt, Ortiz was winng the round. He also won the 2nd round. In no round was he outclassed in.
          If you honestly think Ortiz won round 4 then you truly don't know s**t about boxing...Floyd completely outworked him and outlanded him. He was even throwing combinations, which we never see from him. He had Ortiz on the defensive the whole time. He landed like one good shot at the end and missed literally everything afterwards.

I can't believe how much people are influenced by the crowd...Almost as bad as Taylor-Hopkins I. I had it 40-36. I couldn't even give Ortiz round 2...
          Last edited by BoxerDood; 09-18-2011, 01:05 PM.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H7yy..._order&list=UL

Fast foward, do whater I don't care.. you can count on 1 hand from round 5 until the end how many times floyd rolled against judah.

Comment

by the way ortiz aint a pure southpaw to start with

his a right handed fighter using a southpaw stance

his strongest punch is his right hook

and he wasnt throwing straight lefts, floyd was open for straight lefts all night

Comment

Yeah Cash Cow doesn't seem to know what he is talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
                  Why is everyone so generalistic with these statements? The shoulder roll automatically isnt completely neutralized by a southpaw stance, thats just stupid.
                  but it does have a few fundamental weaknesses in it, particularly that southpaw right hook if you do a sort of overhead chop with it over the shoulder, and while the opponent is bent over leaning to the right a close range straight left hand can find its way in easier.

damn man, do yall even watch boxing?
                  Totally agree with your points. And one thing some posters forget to point out here. I didn't really noticed Wifebeater shoulder rollin' so much whenever Ortiz jabbed, it's more like he struck with his left elbow to meet Ortiz's jab rather than parry or slip it, which is totally illegal.

Striking with the elbow(even if it's being used to block a punch) compared to just putting up his forearm as a bar are totally different.
                  Last edited by Monte Fisto; 09-18-2011, 01:30 PM.

Comment

the southpaw stance can't defeat a suckerpunch

Comment

Lol y'all are just gonna discredit Floyd until there's nothin left eh? Fake ass Boxing fans...

Comment

Working...
                      X