Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emanuel Augustus Added To Jones Vs Calzaghe Undercard !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slotff View Post
    But this time he has been in training for a fight, and with Roger Mayweather at that.
    where did u hear that?

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
      where did u hear that?
      Its been the news for a while. Let me see if I can find an article.

Comment

Here

http://fightfan.com/?p=565

and here

http://fightfan.com/?p=761

Comment

thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by jcarr71 View Post
            He's going to get schooled. He was never that great to begin with, obviously, and now he's pretty shot.
            That's what I've always felt. He just puts on a good show, and he was competitive against a couple of decent fighters, so people seem to believe that he's actually good.

Comment

for al ong time floyd said he was his toughest fight

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                That's what I've always felt. He just puts on a good show, and he was competitive against a couple of decent fighters, so people seem to believe that he's actually good.
                He may not be great, but it would be lunacy to imply that he is not better than his record suggests.

Comment

Originally posted by Slotff View Post
                  He may not be great, but it would be lunacy to imply that he is not better than his record suggests.
                  Agreed. He was shafted against Burton, and the scorecards were at at least too wide for the Ward fight.

Part of me thinks the judges punish him for his tactics and because he took a dive.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                    I remember when everyone was excited about Augustus filling in against Kid Diamond, and he lost every minute of every round.
                    He also took that fight on 1 day's notice, and had to lose a significant amount of weight to make 135. He had been fighting at 140 and over for quite a while.

He was severely weight drained and unprepared.

The reason Augustus' record looks the way it does is mostly because of scenerios like that. He takes fights on extremely short notice as an "opponent" to make a living.

Comment

hell yeah....Augustus always entertain
                      he is the goat!!

Comment

Working...
                      X